Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hunion_gw

Deciding between GE Monogram and Thermador-Help!

hunion
11 years ago

Trying to decide between the GE Monogram and Thermador Grand or Harmony. Love the griddle on Thermador, but have read many negative reviews on both the star burners and the customer service? Anyone have any any experience with either? We are looking at the 48" dual fuel with griddle on both the GE and Thermador.

Comments (4)

• chef_dupre
    11 years ago

although i don't have the dual fuel, i can speak to the burners and customer service. i doubt it matters i have the pro grand, but features seem the same if memory serves...
    i'm guessing you have read about "incessant clicking" on the burners..this issue has been dealt with and even at the lowest setting, when it cycles on and off, the ignition is fast and efficient.
    i had to contact customer service on three occasions and found them helpful and courteous.
    my $.02, adjusted for inflation

• hunion
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That is helpful, thank you. You haven't had any problems w/ the 'star' burners emitting too large of a flame for smaller pots and pans, have you? This was another complaint I've read about, however, I find it hard to believe the flame could not be adjusted??

• chef_dupre
    11 years ago

never an issue, and it simmers well...adjusts as needed for the task

• hunion
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good to hear, thank you!