Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are Thermador dual fuel ranges really loud? What alternatives?

Posted by jes5e (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 13:40

We're building a house and buying all new appliances for the kitchen. I'm thinking about buying a thermador 36 inch dual fuel range - 6 burners. My in-laws have thermador wall ovens and they're really, really loud whenever they are on.

Can anyone comment on the dual fuel ranges? Are they horrendously loud?

I've read mixed reviews on the thermadors which are making me a little nervous. Seems like most of the bad reviews are from a few years ago and I'm hoping most of the issues were fixed. With the free dishwasher (bosch) the price is much better than the wolf I would otherwise go with if it wasn't out of the budget.

The other option was the kitchenaid dual fuel 36 in range, but only because Consumer Reports rated it highest. The appliance stores around here don't even have it in the showroom, and say that it's not popular and not that reliable. Also can't find any reviews of it online.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are Thermador dual fuel ranges really loud? What alternative

I can't comment on the Thermador but I will say that I would NOT put too much faith in anything Consumer Reports says. For every product I've used in real life they've tested, I've completely disagreed with their recommendations. You'll find much more helpful information on this website.

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 16:35

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here