Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Capital Precision Series GSCR304QN 30" four burner?

Posted by sidpost (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 13:28

I'm looking at the:
Capital Precision Series GSCR304QN 30" four burner gas self-clean range w/ 12" Infra-Q

http://www.capital-cooking.com/product/323#features

Does the Infra-Q BBQ grill work well? How hard is it to clean? Any general user feedback or comments? I should note mom has the Jenn-Aire indoor grill in her current cooktop for comparison.

How is the broiler on this oven? Does it work well? Any cleaning concerns?

The oven looks nice and big and takes commercial sheet pans. Will cookies cook evenly on the sheet pans? What type of lights does it have and how well do they work?

How does this compare to a 30" Blue Star RNB, or possibly an RCS?

TIA,
Sid

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Capital Precision Series GSCR304QN 30" four burner?

I think the Capital Precision compares most closely to the RCS. Both have sealed burners. I think the Bluestar RNB is step up with open burners (comparable to Capital Culinarian) so you get better performance on the cooktop. Having used both types of burners I don't quite get the open burner obsession that is found on this forum, and I don't consider them a "must have" item but I definitely found them more fun to cook on.

o

The Precision has sealed burners, the RCS and RNB have open burners.

o

Yes, I have considered the sealed and open burners. The GE "triple flame" burner had my attention a little too. I'm not sure I would notice much difference in a practical sense between 19K and 23K BTU burners. As long as the heat pattern is spread out via "star" shapes or angled jets on burner rings, the net effect should be similar.

The broilers and oven dimensions are a little cryptic. Blue Star and Capital both could use some help from a PR firm or web developer geek to help consumers understand what they have. ;-)

o

Oops, my bad! RCS does indeed have open burners. I think I confused the fact that they were less powerful with them having sealed burners.

There are many here who do see a huge difference between open and sealed burners, and 19K and 22K burners. There are others who could care less. You should test drive the ranges you're interested in before making a decision.

o

A "test drive" would be nice but, I haven't found a dealer anywhere close to me. Home Depot, Lowes, and Sear's are my only real local options. Everyone I know has relatively mainstream mass market options with a couple of Jenn-Aire cooktops thrown in the mix.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here