Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newenglandsara2

Where to purchase: local store vs. Sears. vs. HD/Lowe's vs. web?

newenglandsara2
9 years ago

Hi there,

We are preparing to buy a full set of kitchen of appliances, and the deals this week are quite good (but ending) due to July 4th sales. It seems that pricing is similar between most stores, especially since the local appliance places offer price matching. In our area (Boston) Yale Appliance has a great reputation for service. However, they do charge around $75 for delivery whereas it is free at the big box stores. In addition, the warranty pricing on fridges and other appliances costs more at Sears and local stores (eg. Yale) vs. HD/Lowe's; however, the warranties are probably more extensive at the former places.

One other option is buying online. I have seen even better deals on certain appliances on AJ Madison, but I am worried about follow-up service, delivery, etc. However, AJ Madison has a price on a slide-in induction range right now that is about $500 better than all other places. I am not sure if a local store will match an online price.

Any tips on which big box store offers the best follow-up service? And about big-box stores vs. local places with good reps? What about the option of purchasing online?

Thanks so much!

Sara

Comments (5)