Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Natural cleaners for SS range?

Posted by PAINTEDPEGGIES (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 13:05

Hi all..I was wondering what, if any natural cleaners are okay for a stainless range.
I use only vinegar/water now in my kitchen but I have an older enamel range that I am replacing. Thanks for any input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Natural cleaners for SS range?

Is water natural enough for you? I find a wet microfibre cloth is all I need to clean up streaks and fingie prints. But for gunk burned onto the cooking surfaces, you'll need something stronger. Generally, I use a soapy plastic scrubby, but for more stubborn stains, I use Bar Keeper's Friend. A more "natural" abrasive would be baking soda, but I don't find it works anywhere near as well as BKF.

o

I do have BKF, for my skillets..almost forgot! Is vinegar a no-no though?

o

Do a quick google and YouTube search for Olive Oil and Stainless Steel. I've used it on my stainless appliances and it works great to polish them up and get rid of any smudges.

o

I use the Weimans cleaner/polish with a microfiber cloth.
Takes away all finger prints, makes the SS look brand new.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here