Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AEG induction or Bosch 500 series

Posted by Frank246 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 12:46

We've been looking at induction for a 30" cooktop and have now decided on either the Bosch 500 series or AEG HK854220XB. Which one would you prefer? Does anyone have any experience with the AEG 30" induction. It is very hard to find reviews on the web and I've viewed most of the other Garden Web posts and really can't find any information on the actual product from people who have used it. Please do not discuss the maxi- sense which would not fit and is not in our budget.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AEG induction or Bosch 500 series

Is this AEG model available now in Canada?
I see it on UK sights for 570 pounds about $720 after VAT is removed.
The Maxi AEG HK884400XG is the same dimension, but is about $250 more.

o

This model is available in Canada. I saw it this weekend at a showroom in Woodbridge Ontario that had it installed along with other AEG appliances. If I remember correctly price here (Ontario, Canada) was around $1900. Induction in Canada is sold as a premium product and is not as common as it is in Europe.

o

I love my Bosch. Don't have any feedback for AEG, which may be equally good.
Hope someone posts a feedback so you can compare.
I think if I were doing it again, I may consider the Bosch 800. Sometimes if my fingers are wet, the touch panel is fussy. I hear that the 800 series has the controls on a metal strip, which is less fussy. Overall, no complaints.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here