Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liebherr repairs in Manhattan?

Posted by Ginny20 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 12:45

Just got back from visit to DS on Upper East Side. His kitchen was nicely furnished by his landlady. I noticed he has a tall, skinny Liebherr frig. I commented on it, how I'd read about them on here as being great for urban spaces. He said yeah, except that the thing's broken and he can't find anyone who can fix it. The frig part ices up in back, and he has to defrost it periodically. It had other problems, too. His landlady offered to replace it, but I guess he figures the logistics of that would be even a bigger hassle.

Anyone else with a Liebherr have trouble getting service? Anyone in Manhattan know someone who can repair one?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liebherr repairs in Manhattan?

You can call Liebherr Service and obtain recommended servicers for your area. The number is 866-543-2437.

o

An "icing up" problem may be due to improper installation. If it is a model that requires free air flow from the base grille up the back wall and out via the top grille (or open air space if there are no cabinets above), icing can occur. If the unit was installed without allowing the air to circulate freely, that could be the problem.

o

Good point, Kitchenkat. I'm now remembering that when I had icing problems with my first Liebherr fridge (since replaced), the tech inspected the base grill to make sure it wasn't being clogged by dust, etc. At that time, he advised me to occasionally remove the grill cover and vacuum in that area. Not saying that's the problem here, but it's a simple thing to check out which doesn't even call for a service visit.

Good luck!

o

Thanks, appman, kitchenkat and marthavila - I've forwarded your responses to DS. I knew GWers would be able to help. Hope you all had a nice 4th.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here