Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marinagalgw

Does anyone have a 30" Thermador gas cooktop?

MarinaGal
10 years ago

Hoping someone can help... we have a 6 month old 30" Thermador gas cooktop - ours is the model with 4 burners (one 16K BTU, two 10K BTU, and one 8K BTU). Because I also have a two burner Wolf induction cooktop which I love to use for boiling water/cooking pasta, it took me a few months to realize that my Thermador cooktop wasn't as powerful as my old GE profile range (with lower BTU burners). Specifically, I realized that I couldn't bring any pot of cooking pasta to a fast boil, and certainly not a fast enough to boil over. Even on my 9K btu GE profile burner I always had to watch to make sure nothing would boil over. I had my appliance store and plumber come check the cooktop, flame, hook-up and gas pressure and all seemed appropriate.

In addition to the fact that I can't get a fast boil on any of the burners (including the 16K BTU burner) - not even fast enough to get all of the pasta off the bottom of the pot - the cooking time on my pasta is always longer than the package indicates by several minutes or more, which leads me to believe that there is a problem.

I am going to call Thermador, but wonder if anyone here can comment or has had a similar problem with a gas cooktop.

Thanks!

Comments (3)