Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
30 Inch Wide Refrig

Posted by ev2012 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 12:19

Our 25 year old refrig just went. We are looking for a bottom freezer unit but haven't decided on french or single door. Any recommendations and thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 30 Inch Wide Refrig

First this sounds like a direct replacement. You don't need a different size refrigerator due to kitchen remodel. If the exterior and interior are in good condition and the only problem is the mechanicals I would consider fixing.

New refrigerators have much smaller compressors than an appliance engineer would otherwise choose due to energy star regulations. This makes refrigerators less reliable today than 25 years ago, just before Clinton kicked in Energy Star. If it is just a compressor I think I would replace that instead of the entire fridge. If you have definitely decided to replace then.....

You really need to decide if you want FD or SD. if you want FD then must decide if you want an ice dispenser. If on the fence probably better to skip since that is the major source of problems.

Then decide if you want standard depth or counter depth. I take it you want standard depth but best to specify.

In other words your parameters are too vague.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here