Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thatsbs_gw

Looking for wall ovens with easy control knobs/dials

thatsbs
14 years ago

It seems that all of the wall ovens, except high-end (i.e. expensive) models, come with touch pads and buttons. :-(((

Does anyone know of some brands that still have the simple, easy to use, non-fancy control knobs or dials?

Or where to locate an old stock of ovens like this.

Comments (8)

• davidro1
    14 years ago

no, i think these buttons you see (in web images) are mechanical turn knobs (dials) that can be slid into the casing to make them less obtrusive. Go and see.

• friedajune
    14 years ago

The DCS wall oven #WOU130 has mechanical knobs and pushbuttons. You don't say what your budget is, but this DCS oven costs about $3000. The DCS appliances have a good reputation.

The DCS website won't let me link directly to the WOU130, just to the main page. So I've linked the main page below, and then just do a search for the WOU130 wall oven.

(P.S. I didn't understand Davidro1's response to your question.)

Here is a link that might be useful: DSC Website

• chefk
    14 years ago

In addition to Dacor, check out Thermador pro style, Bosch 300 & 500 series and GE Monogram. Keep in mind these still use electronic controls and you have to clean around the knobs. The touch screen on the other ovens are easier to clean.

• djh64
    14 years ago

I have some new in the box double and single ovens with a 2 year parts and labor warranty. That I am looking to close out, the company changed names from FCI to Fulgor. These are the FCI brand. All have convetion and self clean. Single $1000 double $1600 in Stainless Steel finnish. check them out at www.fciappliances.com
    Let me know if you are interested. Just pay shipping.

• jcannuck
    14 years ago

GE Monogram (ZET2SMSS) has GREAT knobs. I HATE touch pads which led me to these ovens. I've only had them for about a month and being summer, haven't used them too much. But so far, I love them and the controls are simple and intuitive. If you like the bigger chunky styles, you might not like this = I like the sleek, modern look. It fits perfectly in my decor and is easy to use and clean.

• johnfh
    14 years ago

IMHO, Fisher and Paykel wall ovens have the simplest and best user interface controls I've ever seen, bar none (especially for an oven that has so many cooking modes).

• davidro1
    14 years ago

thatsbs,

you said it seems that wall ovens come with touch pads and not non-fancy control knobs or dials.

I said go and see and touch them.
    You'll find out that they are often the kind you want : physical knobs!

Ikea, Fagor are low-cost voens with physical knobs.
    Plus, you can slide them into the oveng to make them less obtrusive.
    And then slide them out to turn them.

hope this is clear.

• DAS
    3 years ago

Really can't stand electronic appliances. They only last 10-15 years and cost a fortune--which is probably a racket. Wish ONE company would offer an alternative.