Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NXR color kits?

Posted by Dr.Strangeglove (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 12 at 11:47

Hey all,
I'm wondering if anyone has ever bought one of the nxr color kits for the NXR range. Has anyone ever even seen a picture of what they look like in color? Can you direct me to one?

Thanks
Evan

P.S.
still wondering if anyone has ever used a caveliere range hood? I never got responses to that question.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NXR color kits?

I haven't ever been able to find a pic, but my understanding is that the kits replace the door and kickplate only - the sides say stainless.

This isn't super uncommon. American Range do the same thing with their colored ranges, but there is a key difference - on the American Range models, the door is the full width of the front (i.e., it is frameless). The NXR is framed, so if this is true you would end up with stainless strips still showing on both sides of the front, even if the range is installed between cabinets. This may not bother you, but you should check it before committing.

o

This link has their sample colors. Also this particular retailer seems to suggest the color kits are not user installable, colors cover the door and toe kick plate, and there are custom color options available too.

But I've never seen actual pictures either.

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR Color Options

o

Thanks,
Isn't it a little strange that they don't even try to advertise the color options with pictures? I'm guessing no one has ever been brave enough to get them without pics.

~evan

o

I emailed the Duro Corp people who make NXR ranges. They told me they are only available in Stainless at this time. So that answers that.

o

The "kit" likely is a can of Rust-Oleum.

o

Thanks for checking Dr. S. That's a bummer, as I also would have liked to see a few real color samples of those ranges.

And never mind that other comment. For some unknown reason the majority of her posts are very negative.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here