Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kateyd_gw

Kitchenaid refrigerator KFCS22EVMS

kateyd
15 years ago

Does anyone have this Kitchenaid refrigerator?

KFCS22VMS..I found it at ajmadison and usappliance but not on Sears or Lowes online. It is french door, counterdepth but a little taller at 71 7/8 with hinges. Kitchenaid website says it fits "standard cutouts to provide a more integrated look".

It is 2 cubic feet larger than the KBFS20ETSS french door counter depth that I was real close to buying.

Comments (11)

• brown126
    15 years ago

We are close to purchasing this unit after first looking at the KBFS20ETSS.

We are also looking at the ElectroluxE23CS78HPS SxS counterdepth.

It's a hard call. Freezer is bigger on the Electrolux but the fride is bigger on the french door KA.

RIght now , we are leaning towards the KA.

• kateyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I ordered the KFCS22EV on July 28 from Lowes, 10% off sale. Being a new model they told me it might be delayed and sure enough its almost 3 weeks and not here yet.

• ci_lantro
    15 years ago

wpsoko--Did you make sure the water shutoff valve is open?

• wpsoko
    15 years ago

Yes but further investigation led to a faulty water line installation. Will be fixed tomorrow. Love this fridge.

• kitchenredo08
    15 years ago

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and just got called that its in and ready to be delivered - unforunately my kitchen won't be ready so I can't take delivery for at least 2 more weeks. I love the look, and can't wait to see it in my new kitchen. (who knows when that will be)

• rgfcpq
    15 years ago

We just bought a Kitchenaid KFCS22EVMS refrigerator and paid nearly $3000 for it. The KitchenAid customer support group is of no help, and I am publishing this for 2 reasons....

1) So potential buyers of this refrigerator are aware of its shortcomings, and

2) To see if anyone knows what the real problem is and how it might get fixed.

The problem...

It is making a weird clicking/knocking sound, that can be quite loud. It otherwise appears to be functioning normally. I recorded the sound and you can hear it at the link I have attached here.

It lasts a bit longer (maybe a total of 30 seconds), but I wasn't able to capture the sound right from the start. Also, it is pretty loud and distracting. It occurs fairly randomly, and does not appear at all connected to the compressor turning on or ice being made. It is fairly frequent, occuring at least 10-20 times a day (and night).

Kitchenaid and the store I bought it from at first said it's normal (although neither has come out to hear it, and don't care if I send them a recording of it), and explained it's probably the pump that is used to recirculate the water used for the icemaker and water dispenser so it doesn't freeze. I have had other refrigerators and never heard this type of sound before.

They had me shut off the water to the unit and attempt to drain it and shut off the icemaker to see if that fixes it. So far it has not (although I don't think it is totally drained of water).

Do you have any ideas as to what this might be??? Any help is appreciated -- just add a comment below.

When I told the KitchenAid rep that I never heard this in the store, she explained it's because they don't have the units connected to water. I think that's rubbish, and am not happy with their weak attempts at resolving this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hear for yourself

• bama12
    15 years ago

WOW! THat is not normal at all! What type of store did you buy from? Get their people to come and listen to it, then I would make them order another one to replace it..! Good Luck!

• weedmeister
    15 years ago

Almost sounds like water dripping into the pan.

• elizabmarie_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

I bought the KitchenAid KFCS22EVMS refrigerator and love the way it looks and many of it's features. I only have one concern. It has a high pitched hum when it is running that is very annoying to me. I had a repairman look at it and, while it didn't make the sound when he was at my home (wouldn't you know it), he said it's normal. This is my third KitchenAid refrigerator and have never had this problem before. Has anyone else had this experience?

• kanoe
    12 years ago

I am considering the KitchenAid KFCS22EVMS refrigerator for our kitchen remodel. I like the features: counter depth, 72" high, french door...

Were any of you able to find out the reason behind the clicking or humming noises from your refrigerator? Thanks!