Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Bluestar knobs - is this normal?

Kristen Hallock
10 years ago

I have the 6-burner RNB range. The knob farthest to the left sticks out alot less than the other knobs. The lettering on the knob is cut off too. Its there, but the knob is pushed in so much that you can really only see the bottom 1/2 of the words, like "OFF", "HIGH", etc...
Here is a picture

Comments (13)

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

All of mine look like the second from the left. Maybe you can just wiggle it out a bit, and it will stay? Or pull it all the way off, and stick a little something inside the knob to keep it from going too far back in?

• willtv
    10 years ago

I had the same issue with all of the knobs on my 36" 6 burner RNB.
    I emailed Bluestar and received new knobs.

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

i tried pulling out the knob. It didnt budge. What holds them in? I thought it would be easier to remove them. Has anyone done it?

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hmmm. Maybe I will email them and try to get a new knob.

I'm also waiting for them to respond to another issue though - they gave me the wrong inner chimney for my 42" pyramid hood. The chimney width is 15" on a 42" range, but they gave me an inner chimney that is for the 36" hood instead, so it is only about 12" wide instead of 15". My appliance place emailed them with the issue yesterday and I have yet to hear back about it.

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

The knobs pull straight out to remove, they are just pressure fit on a split "D" shaft. In fact, my oven and broiler knobs slip on and off almost too easily, and feel a little "loose"

• jakvis
    10 years ago

There is supposed to be a stop inside the knob to keep it from sliding on too far.
    It's just friction holding the knobs. The knob have a spring keeper inside them that hold them tight to the shaft. You should be able to slide the knobs off the shaft with a little effort.

• philwojo99
    10 years ago

They are just held on by friction, nothing more, so something is either wrong with the knobs in that they are to tight or something might be in there with it, like sauce, and it hardened and is sticky.

Now, that being said on my 6 burner BS rangetop they are not easy to pull off, I just tried and had to use a rubber jar opener to just get some grip on them.

After I pulled one off I saw that they have an inner "liner" made of plastic, so yours could have come out of the mold wrong and allowed it to go down to far.

One other thing is that the post it is on does have some play to it so that could be off. Mine push in and then pop out on their own, do all of yours do that?

And in regards to the post it could have come from the factory set to far in on the left most one for you, it might just need to be adjusted out. The one I took off had a screw behind it on the rangetop itself, maybe make sure that if you do have a screw on the leftmost one that it is fully tightened, or at least like others on your range.

Hope that helps some,
    Phil

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks. I will look again when I get home. This range is brand new and hasnt been hooked up yet so I hope its not sauce back there!

• philwojo99
    10 years ago

Probably just the plastic on the back side of the knob that is tighter than most of the others in terms of getting it off.

let us know what you find.

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! I was able to easily pull the knob out so the writing lines up better. I dont know what was wrong before - maybe my hands were greasy and I couldnt get a good grasp on the knob!

• philwojo99
    10 years ago

Glad to hear it, they can be slick especially if your hands are wet or greasy for sure, I know mine are.

Enjoy your BS! :)

• John Althoff
    2 years ago

We just received our range this morning. The knob on the left is also recessed. When compared to the rest of the knobs the shaft is too shallow on just the one. It’s as though it’s for a different model or the shaft was cut too short causing it to push in to far. Is you slide it out to even things up it isn’t on far enough and it’s wobbly.