Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flevy_gw

dishwasher--ge pdwt502vii vs bosch shv9er53uc

flevy
11 years ago

This is the last decision I have to make for appliances. Everyone is so helpful that I'd like your advice on selecting a dishwasher. I'm down to 2 brands GE and Bosch.

My family runs the dishwasher 1x per day and then has enough dishes to fill up about 1/2 load before the next day. So let's day we run 3 cycles in 2 days. My kids are still young and I still pack their lunches. Breakfast is still in plastic bowls. Lunch is plastic containers. What I'm saying is that there is A LOT of top rack action going on.

What I like about the GE---

1. I know it. I have a profile model now and it works for me

2. I don't clean the drain

3. They added a new feature that I only have to add detergent once in a while. That being said, I've forgotten to add the Jet Dry for the last few months so this might not be a good feature for me :)

4. It holds a lot.

What I like about the Bosch--

1. It has a 1/2 load cycle

I really don't know much more about it than that.

Noise isn't so much of an issue since I usually run it before we go to bed. I just want clean dishes in the morning. I've given up thinking that that the plastic wear will be dry so I just unload it into the drying rack in the morning. I do rinse clean my dishes before putting them into the dishwasher.

Recommendations...thoughts....advice???

Thanks so much.

Comment (1)