Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me pick a range?

Posted by mom2sethc (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 10:14

Hello,

I am ready to replace my current 30" free standing range for a couple of reasons. 1) don't like burner coniguration and amount of BTU's 2) want to replace my very basic range with something with more style and slide-in (backless).

I need an all gas oven and am trying to decide if I need a double oven? There are times that I find that I am making 2 things that both require different temps, I was thinking that a double oven would be nice. I don't find too many options for me in a 30 in range, am I better off skipping the double oven and just getting a nice single oven?

I have been considering the GE Cafe 30 inch w/ double oven, does anyone have any other suggestions? Or comments on this range?

One other bit of info, I currently have an OTR microwave with vent, so I am thinking that I cannot go with some higher BTU's pro ranges.

Thanks for your help!

Elaine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me pick a range?

Can't help with double-oven stoves but you can find a lot of recent postings on OTR microwaves by doing a search on the term "OTR." You will see several folks using them over ranges like the NXR and discussing their experiences with them.

o
RE: Please help me pick a range?

Well the NXR is not "slide in/backless" but it only has a little 4" riser in the back.
Also for $2000 or less you will not find a better value in ranges than a 30" NXR. Leaps and bounds ahead of any GE.

I have an OTR microwave over mine and it works just fine like 95% of the time.
If I turn on all 4 burners, throw down my 2 burner griddle frying up mountains of bacon & sausage and have the oven going for biscuits and the other 2 burners full bore on whatever then yeah it can get overwhelmed.
The NXR can put out I think its 82,000 BTU with everything going.
BUT it works and in my situation is really the only viable option because I need a microwave, don't have counter space to burn and didn't have an extra $1800+ to put in a nice hood vented outside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here