Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Built-in grill for outdoor kitchen: Firemagic or Viking?

Posted by canuck82 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 10:03

Which is better in terms of high even heat, lifetime reliability and weather-resistance - Viking or FireMagic BBQ? It will have light exposure to salt spray, so I'm hoping to choose the hardiest model.
Anyone have experience with any fantastic and long-lastin outdoor grill?

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Built-in grill for outdoor kitchen: Firemagic or Viking?

This grill research website,among other things, has pictures grill burners cut in half.

You can see the thin tube Viking vs cast SS Firemagic.

I would go with Firemagic.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

o

Have you looked at Kalamazoo grills?

o

I have a Firemagic stand alone grill. Built like the proverbial tank. A true lifetime purchase. Hard to see how you could go wrong if it has the features you want.

o

Out of those 2 the Fire Magic.

If you want a real "BBQ" though I would go with some sort of a Kamado type charcoal grill.
You can build those in also and they are way better than any gas grill, last a lifetime, can cook anything on them.
Smoker, Oven, High Heat Grill.

They are ceramic which is better than any metal.

I would do something similar to this and maybe have a small Infrared gas grill built in next to it.

Photobucket

Or this with the Infrared gas grill just for quick searing.

Photobucket

If price were no object I would get the above pair.
A Primo extra large oval Kamado with a Solaire Infrared gas grill, although I would opt to get the Solaire Anywhere grill which is Marine Grade 316 stainless steel and you can take it anywhere with you, take it to the beach, camping what ever and it would work perfect for anything I would ever need a gas grill for.
Its also much cheaper at around $500.
Comes with a nice carrying case.
It is also lifetime guarantee.

Here is a link that might be useful: Solaire Anywhere

o

I also have a firemagic stand alone grill (Echelon Diamond 790I). They are very well built. They also get hotter then hell, literally. I have mixed feelings on the IR burner. I think with having such a deep firebox, a lot of the IR is lost travelling up to the grates. The IR burners are also kinda narrow. The conventional burners will get 950 Degrees easy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here