Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Broken Refrigerator shelf support stud

Posted by Shahin (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 9:26

Greetings-
After my tenants left, I noticed they broke the refrigerator shelf support stud. Half of it is stuck in the wall of fridge, and I can not reach it. Can I push it in with a screw driver or something? What is behind it?
Sean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Broken Refrigerator shelf support stud

You didn't provide the brand/model of your unit so I can't look up parts diagrams on it.

I'm familiar with one case of a family member's Whirlpool. The remainder of the broken stud was pushed through and dropped down into the refrigerator wall. The replacement stud mounted by pushing into the wall and twisting to lock it in place. It cannot be removed once twisted without breaking it off again.

o
RE: Broken Refrigerator shelf support stud

Thanks. I pushed the pin through and it worked:-) I was able to mount another one. The model is RRTW18VABW, Brand: HAIER 18 CF. Hope it helps someone else in resolving their issue. I was thinking this may be the solution; I wanted to validate with someone. I did not want to make matters worse.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here