Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

New Bluestar came yesterday!

Kristen Hallock
10 years ago

My range was delivered yesterday. Its a beauty! We purchased the 6-burner RNB range. Unfortunately my hardwood floors got scratched a bit when the delivery guys tried to slide the range without the feet on it. We didnt realize that they were packed inside the oven.

I'm trying to decide if I should get the shipping company to pay for the scratches to be fixed? I ordered the range from an online retailed (that has a store in NY) and it was shipped via AM Trucking.

I think I need to invest in a lifetime supply of stainless steel cleaner. What do you use to clean your range?

I also got the 42" Pyramid hood. We are mounting it 32" above the range, so the 15" tall chimney piece is actually too tall for our 8' ceilings. We would like to trim 2" off the chimney. I found another post on this here from lambic back in 2009. It sounds like he/she had the same problem and brought the chimney piece to a sheetmetal shop to have it trimmed. I think we will go the same route.

Besides those few issues, I love the range! I cant actually use it yet, but it looks beautiful. And the hood is very nice too. Although my arms feel like they are going to fall off since I had to hold that sucker up over my head for about 15 minutes while my husband drilled holes to fasten it onto the wall.

Comments (8)