Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Kenmore washer - 90 Series Water Mix Valve Repair

andrelaplume2
9 years ago

I have had some luck repairing my Kenmore washer (lid switch) and Kenmore dishwasher (water inlet valve) over the past few years. Now my washer is once again acting up. Its a Kenmore model 110.20922990. I think its a 90 series but cannot be sure since I cant find the manual. I do have the parts list. I believe the unit was made in 2001 so I cant complain I guess.

She is old and a bit rusted but has handled to abuse of a family of four ( 2 teens) well. In fact I worry that a new model wont last half as long. Anyway, cold water will not fill. I blew some air in there thinking something was clogged..it worked for a day now wont fill with cold water again. The water mixing valve part (#3952164) is likely the culprit, bad solenoid I think its cheap and looks like a simple install.

The question is whether its worth doing or is it time to just buy a new washer. Personally Id take a chance on the part and my skill set to fix it. However, when googling on a how to repair when I saw some posts about another issue this 90 series model, an issue where it wont stop filling! I cant help but wonder if this could be an upcoming issue for my washer soon and who wants a flood!

So, what do you think? Perform the repair ($30) or replace the unit. Btw, does anyone know what capacity this model was?

Comments (5)