Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vitamix coming today!

Posted by deb52899 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 8:48

I took the plunge and ordered a Vitamix (my aunt made me do it!) and it's out for delivery today. Very excited! I do not make smoothies - I bought it for grains (to make flour) and peanut butter. Besides smoothies, what do you do with yours?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vitamix coming today!

Pesto! Ice! Relishes! Sorbet! Salad dressings! Marinades! The list is endless. It's a great machine, enjoy!

o

Love making soups and hummus
Home made pasta sauce
But I also make smoothies now that I gave a vitamix and never really made them before.

o

I make smoothies and this, it's delicious!

Here is a link that might be useful: Creamy avocado pasta

o

I make the Creamy avocado pasta sauce that AKLVDB posted all the time. My wife can't have cooked tomatoes, so red sauces are out. I found that one online, at that link, last year and we both love it on spaghetti squash. We use our vitamix for it all the time, it does a wonderful job on making is soooo smooth and creamy.

The only thing I do is double that recipe so we have leftovers and can use them with the leftover spaghetti squash we have.

We also do smoothies and shakes in ours. Haven't done a soup yet, but seems like it would be so easy to do.

Enjoy yours and experiment.

Phil

o

Thanks everyone! Last night I ground wheat berries for my very first flour (and baked a loaf of bread). It worked SO well! I also made a yogurt and frozen strawberry frozen thing that was pretty yummy and definitely smooth. Finally I made cashew butter that was WAY smoother than the peanut butter I've made with my food processor (and the cashew tasted even better than the peanuts too. Having fun!

o

For the "wet" container. Peel and chunk equal weights of yellow squash and sweet potato. Chunk 1/4 - 1/2 onion. Add several cloves of garlic. Toss all in enough olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with mixed Italian seasoning, salt & papper. Roast in 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Let cool and dump vegetables into VitaMix. Add chicken or vegetable broth and puree. Food heaven!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here