Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
high BTU wok propane burner

Posted by inga239 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 8:43

I have looked everywhere for an indoor high BTU wok burner. Presently, I have a BBQ that measures 18" which sits next to my Russell Range. The BBQ is also a made by Russell Range. I bought the six burner cook top from a distributor showroom and had to buy the BBQ as well. In hindsight, I should have tossed the BBQ as I mostly just dust it and it takes up space.

What I would like to do is switch out the interior guts of the BBQ and replace it with a wok burner. The BBQ has its own gas supply separate from the cook top. I've looked at Wok Burners but they are all 20 - 24" in width and don't fit with the look of the cook top and are more money than I want to spend even if it would fit.. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: high BTU wok propane burner

I recall that there was a thread on a similar topic a few years ago that, ultimately, "degenerated" into links to monster propane cookers for tail-gating parties. However, a Google search using this site's URL and your subject wording may wake it from the dead.

I question whether having such a unit so close to what appears to be an upper cabinet edge in your picture would meet code.

My Cooktek 3.5 kW induction wok unit would fit in that space, I think, and be equivalent to somewhere around 30k BTU/hr heat equivalence. But while it can caramelize meat and have the responsiveness of gas, it won't have the 100k BTU/hr performance of a restaurant wok burner.

kas

o
RE: high BTU wok propane burner

kas
thanks for your reply. I am not really looking for a 100k BTU burner restaurant burner. I believe the BBQ is rated at only 15K or 20K. at most. Above the cooking paraphernalia sits a Venta Hood with two blowers seized and positioned for the cook top and BBQ. I would be happy with a 30K burner.
I've done a chicken on the rotisserie that came with the BBQ and the only problem is splattering onto the wood cabinet above. I have that problem on the other side of the cook top as well where another cabinet hangs. In a perfect world, I would totally redo the entire thing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here