Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viking and Wolf Pro Handles

Posted by rbenjamin (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 30, 13 at 8:40

We really like the Viking Pro French Door Fridge - I previously owned the Jenn-Air version of this (made by Whirlpool) fridge and really like it. We are doing a Wolf range right next to it.

Can anyone comment on how similar the Viking and Wolf pro handles are? It will drive me nuts if the handles are slightly different looking.

I would do the sub-zero french door fridge, but it is a foot taller and has a bit less capacity (despite a larger exterior). I do not want to lose the extra cabinet space above the fridge. The SubZero is also about 5k more expensive than the Viking.

The fridge is a Viking VCFF236.

The range is a Wolf DF366.

My alternative - if the handles do not match - is to go with the Viking range (VDSC536T-6B is essentially the same price as the Wolf).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Viking and Wolf Pro Handles

The Viking handles are round and the Wolf range handles have more of an oblong shape. Still, they are both "pro style" handles and I don't think they would look bad next to each other at all.

Having had both a Viking and Wolf range, I can honestly say that I would not choose the Viking over the Wolf based solely on the shape of the handles. IMO, the Wolf is a better range.

o

You might be able to buy the Viking refrigerator in overlay style and use Wolf handles on the door panels. You might offend both companies, but the handles would match.

My Wolf/SZ appliances all have cylindrical handles, but they are from the 2007 era. I used a smaller handle from this series on the overlay on my Miele dishwasher door.

kas

o

I hoofed over to the appliance showroom and the handles are absolutely different. Wolf are a bit more boxy on the ends and the handle part is more of an oval. Viking has more triangular end caps and a round handle. The Wolf handle is also more of a matte finish than the Viking handle.

Since these will be right next to each other, I simply can't bring myself to mix and match.

I asked about simply putting the Wolf handles on the Viking fridge. I was told it is impossible. The Viking fridge does not have customer interchangeable handles.

Thus, I am left with the decision of whether the Wolf pro is really worth $5k (inclusive of currently available rebates) more to me than the Viking pro. It is not. Thus, I am going to get the Viking.

Thanks all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here