Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chefaddict

American Range French Door Wall Ovens

ChefAddict
12 years ago

I know this may have been posted before, but i looked through those and no one really posted updates on them. So whats the deal with them? still getting way to hot on the outside knobs and such? still issues with gas leaks? or not heating correctly? let me know im in the market for the AR and i'd rather hear from previous owners.. since there really is no local dealer that has these wall ovens.

Comments (77)

• Peke
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

They installed my hybrid and it took six guys to lift it. We got a lift jack thing, but it started bending with the weight. We were afraid the oven would fall and hurt someone.

I also found out it is only 624 pounds....not 900. Still very heavy. We also found out that the lower oven does not work at all. Waited almost four months for it.

• Peke
    10 years ago

I took a picture of my hand on the gas oven when it had been on 400 for about 45 min. Warm, that's all.

• jannz77
    10 years ago

Peke: I'm very interested in your posts about the AR ovens... so please continue to post updates on your experiences.

I wonder why they are so heavy..??.. What are they made of that the other manufacturers aren't using..??..

Many thanks!!

• northwindfoodie
    10 years ago

I to am in the market looking..reading..have decided on AR after seeing them..now trying to decide on freestanding 48 range (but want the open burners,not sure the pro comes that big yet) or replacing an existing double wall ovens and going with a 48 inch drop in range. Its a second home we bought in Reno and will make the big move from Seattle in October. that being said am really looking for feedback on double electric french door wall ovens..love the look and looks easier than the bending over for a free range. any thoughts out there and hows the cooking in the wall ovens?

• burntfingers
    10 years ago

Hello Northwind,

I have the double electric French door AR ovens (30"). I love the convenience of the double French doors, and the oven itself is good. I wasn't aware of it when I test-drove the single wall oven at the showroom, but there is a fan that comes on as soon as you've turned the oven on, even at "warm." I wish it weren't there, and I found it quite annoying at first (to the point that I contacted AR's engineer, who supposedly is working on a "fix)", but I've more or less gotten used to it now. It's about as loud as my hood. And, It could depend on where/how you have the ovens installed. My top oven also seems to be off, temperature-wise, under about 400 degrees, but at 400 it is fine. (I've only baked things that need higher temps so far, so can't really tell other than by how things have cooked.) FWIW, I also don't have a good, proven-accurate oven thermometer at this point, so it could also be that the thermometer is off. Will try to post again when I have more detail.

Sorry I sound so iffy -- this is installed in a new (actually, not quite finished yet), vacation home, so we aren't fully moved in and I'm not there full time, and it has been over 100 for weeks now, so I haven't really wanted to bake or roast much lately!

If you have specific questions, I'll be glad to try and answer them for you - let me know!

• jannz77
    10 years ago

Burntfingers: Thanks for the follow-up posts about your experience with the AR ovens. I'm still interested in this French door feature which will be better in our kitchen layout/design.

Is there someone specific that you work with in the AR customer service that is addressing these issues that you find..??..

• applnut
    10 years ago

I looked at these too, and was really impressed by the design, but put off by a few other things: lack of self-clean, their short, short history and a few issues reported here. As far as I know, the eventual outcome was never posted, but you might want to check out the thread below before jumping in.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Web American Range Thread

• rusticbread
    10 years ago

So what's the "final" say on the AR French door wall ovens? Do the doors get super hot if the oven is on 500F for 5 hours? Can they hold full-size sheet pans? When the doors are open, how easy is it to manipulate trays--never used French doors and am curious if burning ones self is higher risk?. I bake a lot of bread that also requires steam--is there room on the oven floor for a pan to hold water (French doors mean I won't be cracking glass with drops of water)? Thank you for your help!

• burntfingers
    10 years ago

Hi Rustic,

The doors do not get super hot at all. One portion of the handle (not the part you grip, the bit that attaches the handle to the door) does get hot, but it hasn't been a problem.

The 30" oven will not take a full sheet, but it does take a three quatert sheet.

The french doors make it much easier to manipulate trays -- you can stand right up against the ovens instead of having to bend or reach over the oven door. The doors also open to (I think) 130 degrees, so they are out of the way. FWIW, many commercial baking ovens have french doors for this reason.

I don't think putting your steam box on the floor of the oven would be the way to go, at least if you are thinking electric as opposed to gas. The oven floor appears to have a glass or glass-like surface, which covers the heating elements. Don't know about the gas version. I also bake a lot of bread that requires steam. I just put one rack on the lowest positon and put the steam generator on that. FWIW, I'm thinking of ordering an extra set of racks so I can double up for flat breads.

Let me know if I can help with anything else....

• jannz77
    10 years ago

Burntfingers: So are you HAPPY with your decision to buy this product from this company..??... No regrets..??...

I really like the idea of the French Doors on the oven... but there are so many mixed/negatives reviews of this particular company it got me to rethinking my decision.

• burntfingers
    10 years ago

Hi Janzz,

Yes I am happy with my decision to go with AR, no regrets. I do think I need to have the thermostat adjusted on the upper oven, and I wish I could turn off the fan, but I love the French doors and the oven itself works well. Plus it looks so very classy! (Picture attached in the link)

Here is a link that might be useful: Double french door AR ovens

• jannz77
    10 years ago

Ah... good to hear 'burntfingers'. We're still in the design phase of the house so I have some time before I make my purchase... so I'll be following this thread.

BTW: Would love to see how they look but your link is giving an error message.

• burntfingers
    10 years ago

Trying to post the photo again. Not sure why it gave an error message last time, because the preview looked just fine. Let me know if it glitches again... Sorry, all...

• jannz77
    10 years ago

RE: Burntfingers -- Thanks for the picture. They look great in your kitchen. Really encouraged by your experience... so thanks for sharing... and posting any updates.

Is that a 'stained concrete' floor ..??...

• burntfingers
    10 years ago

LOL, can't believe that after all my finegalling, the picture posted *sideways*!

Anyway. Janzz, that is a concrete floor but it isn't stained. Natural color plus a semigloss sealer. The sealer darkened the color somewhat and created visual depth. We love it!

• jannz77
    10 years ago

Thanks burntfingers. Don't mean to hijack this thread but stained concrete is one of our design considerations so your floor caught my eye. Did you do that throughout the house... or just in the kitchen..??..

• burntfingers
    10 years ago

Janzz,,we did it Everywhere!

• dodge59
    10 years ago

Geeze, I missed "My Calling", I shudda studied to be a podiatrist, (foot Doctor)!

I wonder if I can invest in the podiatrist trade, obviously this will be a "Growing Business", if these concrete floors really "Catch On"

Gary

• Peke
    10 years ago

I own the double hybrid oven, and it is doing well. They had to replace it finally because they couldn't find a repairman.

Here is a picture of the gas oven's lights. Pretty bright.

• Peke
    10 years ago

gas on top and electric on bottom.

• jannz77
    10 years ago

Wow... Peke -- that looks really nice.

However you do bring up a really good point; --> repairs. Do they take special skills to repair..??... I mean... I have an appliance repair guy that I use for all my current appliances... but they're pretty known brands. ie; Dacor... Sub Zero... etc

• Peke
    10 years ago

Width of the oven. This is a cookie sheet and a 9x13 casserole dish. It has more room than my last double oven even though it was a 30" too.

The AR double French door hybrid oven is the best thing in my kitchen. The gas oven has an amazing broiler. When using the bake cycle, the gas flames are under a metal panel. The oven is easy to clean. It is great for roasting meats. The upper cabinet doors get warm with the oven on.

If you go on AR's website you can see how to brace the ovens with 2x4's.

The electric oven is great for bread and cakes.

The oven is very heavy as I said earlier. It took six guys to lift mine into the cabinet. When my new one came two young 25-30 year old guys used those arm lifting straps and it looked so easy. Then they put the new one in the same way. So if you buy one, get a pair of those straps. About 20.00.

Let me know if there is anything else you want to know. Peke

• BakingMom
    10 years ago

DISSATISFIED with my American Range choice :(

Just wanted to chime in here about my experience with my American Range electric double oven ----It's been an awful experience and now I'm left with a 600 pound piece of scrap metal.

I desired this oven for its French Door and promise of even baking.
    **This is the most UNEVEN baking oven that I have ever used.
    **The bottom oven's thermostat needed to be replaced first thing after install (ran @100F too hot).
    **Takes 20 minutes for one oven to preheat to 400. Takes 45 minutes for both ovens to preheat.
    **American Range promised a 'retro fit' kit but that hasn't come to fruition after 3 months of waiting.
    **Bottom element of the top oven went out so now I'm left with a single oven.
    **Bottom oven's broiler element seems to come on after the pre-heat cycle is over. This is incorrect - the broiler element should only come on during the pre-heat (assuming in Conv. or Bake mode) This has resulted in many burnt items.
    **Bottom oven is running @50F too hot AGAIN (measured with standard oven thermometer and Infrared temp guage)
    **American Range won't call or email me back except for empty promises.
    **I think my next option is small claims court to recoup some of the @$5,800!!!

You can watch/read my FULL STORY at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW9o7g3DC4g

• jannz77
    10 years ago

Thanks so much for posting your experience!!

I've been on the fence about whether to purchase but now YOUR experience has convinced me that AR isn't ready for residential installations. It's a shame... because that French door option is really cool... and I'm not sure WHY other - more experienced residential manufacturers don't already offer it.

Appreciate you taking the time to post your experience. (Hopefully you'll be getting a REFUND)

• applnut
    10 years ago

I wanted to echo thanks in posting. I know sometimes people who have a less than stellar experience get jumped on, so I wanted to make sure you knew it was valuable and your contribution appreciated.

I'm past my oven decision-making stage and I was really tempted by American Range but the experience here of "Peke"--the ordeal he went through getting working ovens--combined with the fact that when I called to ask a pre-sales question, and was promised a call back with an answer, I was twice ignored. Once is an accident/oversight. Twice is a pattern, to my mind. I figured if they couldn't be bothered to return calls BEFORE I bought one of their ovens, the odds they'd be there for me AFTER the sale were pretty slim. So sorry to hear from "Bakingmom" that, that notion was proven correct. Best of luck! I know what a nightmare such things can be.

• mom2samlibby
    10 years ago

Did you see that Viking has a French door wall oven coming out now? There isn't a date listed, but that may be an option depending on when you need it.

• chefaaa
    9 years ago

american range as pretty as the units are... thats all they are... like a pretty face. the heart (cooking) is terrible as the oven does not heat correctly in my case which would be ok if there were someone out there who would be willing to fix it. the company is just not willing after a year to do anything about it. The capital on the other hand is great. IMHO.....American Range should change their name to China Range for the sole fact that its broken out of the box.

• BakingMom
    9 years ago

Just an update. In December 2013, I accepted American Range's offer of a replacement double oven with their apologies for all the troubles that I have been having. They said they were getting a new element and testing it and to expect delivery in February 2014.

February came and went. When I phoned finally in March I was put in contact with a new person, Mr. Alfred Mendez since the previous VP, Mr. David Lafollette 'left for greener pastures'. Mendez said he would look into it and call me back in a week. It's now been 16 days. No call.

This post was edited by BakingMom on Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 23:39

• chefaaa
    9 years ago

bakingmom yes...... someone to feel my pain. I know there are at least a dozen of us out there based on reports. Im sure there are more... these guys/girls at AMERICAN RANGE are not willing to help. Maybe they think that if they close their eyes long enuf that the problem disappears. Or option 2. they just dont care. I wish i went with blue star. or capital.. jeez I would take a kenmore at this point.

• moe5474
    9 years ago

@BakingMom still nothing?! This terrifies me. I have spent the past 10 months looking into the AR, Thermador and Viking and had pretty much settled on AR.

Too bad Wolf's new M series with knobs instead of the control panel won't come out until the end of 2014.

• BakingMom
    9 years ago

Update - after 17 days of waiting for a return call (which he said would take a week) I sent Mendez an email. He said it was passed off to someone else, Mr. Silva, who emailed me promptly that same day asking "Could you please provide me with the recipes that you are using for the bagels or the specific brand of mix you are using so I may follow the recipes on the box?". He needs these to ascertain that AR products are working correctly. I expressed that it doesn't matter what is put in the lower oven - the broiler element comes on mid-cycle and burns EVERYTHING (when the oven is set to

• applnut
    9 years ago

@Bakingmom ... Ugh! So sorry for you. Thanks for updating though. So they're not going to honor their replacement offer? Sounds like they're giving you the runaround. Shameful!

Not to sound paranoid, but I hope you are keeping good notes with dates, times and names on all conversation and archiving exchanged emails. Get as much in writing as possible. Again, I hope this works out for you without any additional hassle, but better safe than sorry, especially when promises have already not been kept.

This post was edited by applnut on Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 18:13

• BakingMom
    9 years ago

Update - after 17 days of waiting for a return call (which he said would take a week) I sent Mendez an email. He said it was passed off to someone else, Mr. Silva, who emailed me promptly that same day asking "Could you please provide me with the recipes that you are using for the bagels or the specific brand of mix you are using so I may follow the recipes on the box?". He needs these to ascertain that AR products are working correctly. I expressed that it doesn't matter what is put in the lower oven - the broiler element comes on mid-cycle and burns EVERYTHING (when the oven is set to Stay Tuned.

• rusticbread
    9 years ago

I've been in touch with Brian Silva at AR--phone & email. He tells me they've been testing a variety of recipes and have come up with a solution:

"We have ran several tests and believe we have a solution for you. We have fabricated parts that will work as a bottom liner for your ovens. They will be going out to get porcelain coated on Monday. It will take a few days to have them returned to us. I will let you know when they are returned."

This was received on 4/18. I will let you know when I hear back. Aside from this HUGE bottom burning issue, I like these ovens when baking on the upper levels--I do rotate pans out of habit though (I have a Wolf gas oven and this is necessary). I hope this porcelain shield does the trick because it would be nice to use more than one rack!

• BakingMom
    9 years ago

Hi RusticBread,
    Thanks for posting! Could you elaborate on your oven's issues?

How long are your pre-heat times when only one oven is on or both on simultaneously?

• burntfingers
    9 years ago

Hi RusticBread,

Are you burning on the bottoms when using the baking stone as well as without it? I've been noticing the same thing when baking without the baking stone, and have been double panning everything. But yesterday's bake, with the stones, also scorched somewhat, so Mr Silva will be getting a call from me today...

BakingMom - just to add to the information base, my preheat times are about 20 minutes for 350, but I always put the oven on about an hour ahead of need for anything over that, so I don't know exactly how long it takes to get to temp at the higher levels.

• rusticbread
    9 years ago

Info on my double electric ovens: I love the ovens’ overall simplicity, the doors, broiler, and 350F. Take the ovens to anything over 400 and everything on the second to bottom rack burns.

The thermostat was replaced on both�"I had very prompt service--but I can't figure out how to stop this bottom burning. I need use of two racks. I double up (and if it fits, triple up) pans. I have baking stones on two racks in one oven but still manage to burn everything on the bottom. Browning is also taking a longer time (while the bottoms are burning). I’ve tried both convection and regular baking.

The ovens take over 2 hours to heat to 400 if baking stones are on both racks, but will never reach 450. (FYI: there is an inch + all around the stones so the heat is able to circulate.) Without the stones, the ovens heat up very fast (in my opinion).

• gengen
    9 years ago

40 year old side -opening single Oven. I have had, and still do, A Westinghouse electric 30" oven with side-opening door that fits in the cabinet space. My husband and I (alone) put it into the cabinet. I have had very few problems with it. The bottom element plugs in easily and I have bought and replaced it 2 times, in 40 years. It came with temp. turn-off cooking probe, plus a rotisserie. It also came with an option, to purchase chrome plated interior shield panels that interlock, and remove easily for cleaning..which I bought. I only saw this model, at the time, and loved the side-opening door. It has a full charcoal tinted insulated glass door. It will preheat to 400' in about 12 -15 minutes. If it ever fails Me, I may try to find an electrician who can completely re-wire it. I have never been able to find any info about whatever happened to Westinghouse, bought or quit. I have since I got this oven, used as large micro as was available, and the two were all I needed. gengen

• rusticbread
    9 years ago

Sorry for the long delay with an oven update. After a few emails, phone calls, and text msgs with a very good service rep from AR, my ovens are now working as they should. The solution: replace the bottom piece of glass with a metal sheet (same size, etc.). Yes, AR sent the piece in two days and arranged with our local service person to install. Working well. With that said, I still rotate all my pans (front to back/upper shelf to bottom). I do this with my Wolf oven as well. Also, baking on convection is key. I use these ovens a LOT and they are often on for many hours. Hope this helps.

• lee676
    9 years ago

> Posted by gengen (My Page) on Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 13:47

> 40 year old side -opening single Oven. I have had, and still do, A Westinghouse electric 30" oven with side-opening door that fits in the cabinet space. My husband and I (alone) put it into the cabinet. I have had very few problems with it. The bottom element plugs in easily and I have bought and replaced it 2 times, in 40 years. It came with temp. turn-off cooking probe, plus a rotisserie. It also came with an option, to purchase chrome plated interior shield panels that interlock, and remove easily for cleaning..which I bought. I only saw this model, at the time, and loved the side-opening door. It has a full charcoal tinted insulated glass door. It will preheat to 400' in about 12 -15 minutes. If it ever fails Me, I may try to find an electrician who can completely re-wire it. I have never been able to find any info about whatever happened to Westinghouse, bought or quit. I have since I got this oven, used as large micro as was available, and the two were all I needed. gengen

Westinghouse sold their appliance division to a sewing-machine company called White Consolidated Industries (WCI) in the early 1970s. Westinghouse apparently wasn't comfortable with another company using their name and logo at the time, so the appliances were rebranded White-Westinghouse. Unfortunately WCI, which also bought out Frigidaire, Kelvinator, and a few others, did alot of cost-cutting and quality-cutting. WCI itself was bought out by Electrolux in the late '80s, but Swedish-based Electrolux didn't really start to exert control over their American acquistion until about 2000, when they scrapped most of their old brands like White-Westinghouse and concentrated on improving their Electrolux and Frigidaire brands. So Electrolux owns what is left of Westinghouse's appliance division (the rest of Westinghouse would well off most of its other businesses in the interim except broadcasting, and renamed itself CBS which it had bought along the way, and now licenses out the Westinghouse brand to about 10 different unrelated, little-known companies who want a familiar brand name to sell their wares under.)

Anyway, a few side-door 30" wide ovens are currently available if you should ever need to replace your old Westinghouse. Bosch just started making them in single and double configurations which are the only ones approaching reasonably priced. Gaggenau has a terrific side-opening oven series, 30" single or double or 24" wide, with rotisserie, heated baking stone, meat probe, all-over interior lighting, and available glide-out racks. They will cost you, though. Also of note is

, see it in action here; you open or close one door and the other one moves with it by itself. Finally, also worth a note is GE's double oven that fits in a single-oven space, with the control panel on the upper door so the oven interior can be larger and higher, which makes it easier to reach into the oven since the doors, especially the top one, are so short. That about does it for 30" ovens with side-opening doors save for some high-end brands selling very expensive French-door units. Frigidaire has a not-very-good 27"w oven with a side-opening door that seems to go in and out of production every few years or so. And in my newly-renovated kitchen is a 24" oven made by Spanish manufacturer Fagor, which has a side-opening door, glide-out racks, and sells for a three-digit price; unfortunately the company is in precarious financial shape. But my back problems make it hard to lean over or around a drop-down door, so I'm glad I bought it anyway.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

"Frigidaire has a not-very-good 27"w oven "

I know someone who has one and really likes it. Can you clarify why it's not good?

• lee676
    9 years ago

Rather small window. Poor space efficiency with that huge control panel, underneath louvers, and thick sidewalls. Only available with right hinge/left handle IIRC. Mediocre interior lighting. No glide-out racks, which most people looking for a side-hinged oven probably want. Not available in stainless steel. Very basic controls, and the display isn't much more than a clock. Low-hanging upper heating element ready to singe your hand, and exposed lower heating element complicates cleaning. No double-oven version offered, nor widths other than 27".

It cooks alright, though, and I like the open-door broiling.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Not very good implies that it has a high failure rate or cooks poorly. I would not call that "not-very-good" I would call it basic. That is all some people want or need. Most people could care less about glide out racks, interior lighting, the display, and hidden bake elements. Then again the people who don't care about those things also probably don't care whether the door opens vertically or horizontally. Still, it was nice to have an affordable side swing option and I for one hope they start making it again.

• lee676
    9 years ago

If you want an oven with a side-swing door for under $1,000, there's still the Fagor 6HA-200TLX and 6HA-200TRX I mentioned earlier, if you can stomach buying from a company whose financial situation could politely be described as precarious. Still, somehow, they managed to introduce a new model in recent months with touch electronic controls and LCD display replacing the mechanical knobs and simple LED clock of its predecessor. I have one of those, and by and large it is an excellent oven. It cooks well, has all sorts of cooking modes, runs quietly, has a glide-out rack, several custom racks and fitted pans/trays that take maximum advantage of interior width, and makes much better use of space than the discontinued Frigidaire did. I fit mine in a 24" undercounter cabinet, and there was still room for a 6"h drawer underneath or above it. The control panel is short, so almost the entire height (and width) is alloted to the oven cavity. The side-swing door feels as substantial as the one on the 4x-more-expensive Gaggenau (unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the racks, though they're adequate).

Two companies are currently contemplating buying the assets of this bankrupt company; I'm hoping that someone can keep them going because they have alot of unique, useful, and affordable products.

• deforestliz
    8 years ago

My saga with American Range is continuing. We got an expert in to look at the oven because the retrofit kit they gave us caused other problems. He said not to use it because the wires are inadequate for the amperage and are overheating, this is why we smelled an electrical smell. While he was here AR dropped the call, then never called back so questions could get answered. Also he said the breaker they required with install was a 20 amp for a 20 amp draw and where he is 25 amps are required for a 20 amp draw so it is not maxed out. That is code. I have not entirely given up on getting them to make this right, but my next move is a lawyer since this could have started a small electrical fire. The burned out wire was pretty ugly. Before this repair when I commented on the bad reviews for their customer service they claimed the reviews were unfair. Also Alfred told me they had been more than generous with me because by the 3rd repair they started to supply parts for the repairs. I am $850 in repairs in 4 years and I still do not have a working oven. It looks like the reason it never works for very long is that the wiring is inadequate. When it is functional it gets used heavily. At least it looks nice because that is all it does. Also if you have a dispute with them, if you can't get results contact your dealer or they will blow you off,

• ambron
    7 years ago

Any new reviews on AR 30" gas wall ovens? I am remodeling my kitchen, am an accomplished baker and cook and need and oven with even temperature. I currently have a 30yr old kitchen aid gas wall oven! The reviews of many of the new ovens are disturbing. I could use some guidance.

• deforestliz
    7 years ago

I bought a new home and if I had not already had older ovens in it I would have bought old ones second hand. If your old oven is working, keep it. My repair guy told me that the new Energy Star requirements are what have caused newer ovens to break more easily. I don't know if this applies to gas, but if the gas has electric components it could apply.

People are starting to renovate old stoves and ovens because they were built so well. My friend has a range from about the 40's or 50's, no younger, that is a gem and she may get it renovated rather than upgrade.

• rusticbread
    7 years ago

Update on my double electric AR french door ovens: After less than a year with the ovens and suffering through a variety of problems, which were all addressed by AR in a somewhat timely fashion...my ovens were pulled out and replaced with new ones. All paid for by AR. We had a similar issue with the 50 amp v 60 amps. Their printed installation material says 50amps are needed but actually the company in an email to me said 60amps. Exhausted from the back and forth with the company, I ended up paying the electrician to come and change the breaker when the new ovens were installed. Anyway...here's the scoop. I've had the new ovens now for nearly a year and like them very much BUT they only seem to work when on the Convection setting. I cannot get a good bake on anything when using just Bake. Don't know why. I've come to terms with this; it's working for me. Warning: you canNOT change from Bake to Convection or vice a versa without the top element coming on and BURNING whatever you're baking. Essentially, when you change a setting, the oven thinks you're restarting and that super-hot top element comes on. So make a decision straight off on how you're baking and stick with it, otherwise if you change while baking all will be burnt. Trust me on this. Yes, the ovens are noisy. Yes, the French doors are wonderful. No, the knobs do not get hot. I have mine on for hours. I do have stone on the bottom racks this is a permanent feature. Yes, I rotate pans. A lot of info. Let me know if you have any other questions. Do I recommend? I need to think about that.

• deforestliz
    7 years ago

I was so deep into spending money on my oven that I was not willing to pay an electrician to rewire where I had already rewired to their wrong specs with my original remodel. Your post has confirmed my decision to just get rid of my wall oven. My new house has an older JennAir oven and it does not require rotation. The performance is so superior to the American Range as to be astonishing. It is an older appliance from before Energy Star requirements and I love it. I just wish the burners had the power of the American Range range I had. The JennAir is far better insulated the the convection works better. It performs more like the Wolf I had in another house.

• rhinterlong
    4 years ago

The AR wall unit with french doors is the worst oven I've ever experienced and the customer service at AR is terrible. I would not recommend this oven to anyone. It heats unevenly and burns the top of anything that isn't covered. I built a new home (2 years in August 2020) and love the way it looked in my prep kitchen but it's been a nightmare. I contacted the company within 6 months of my move and all I got was excuses. They would not warrant since it had been over a year since we had purchased not taking into account that we didn't actually move in and use it until much later. Awful!