Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clerkshipwanted

induction + gas

housebuilder14
9 years ago

I am going to go with an induction cooktop but would like to have one or two gas burners. I was thining about getting a miele or wolf wok burner. The wolf wok burner comes with two grates - a wok grate and a flat grate. The miele does not -- at least i don't think it does. Can i still put a flat bottom pan on the miele wok burner? The local appliance shop doesnt have one for me to look at.

I like the miele 30 inch induction better than the wolf because of the size of the elements so I want to make the miele combiset work.

thanks.

Comments (6)

• JRO123
    9 years ago

Absolutely you can! Just remeber its a high BTU high performance burner, so maybe not let it sit on high for long periods of time like you would a proper wok pan. you mentioned the size of the burners, if you can make sure to take our (pressumably induction ready pots/pans) into the store and check measurements of the induction zones, optimal performance will be if the pots and pans fit perfectly in the designated zone, a larger zone with a smaller/pot/pan will not perform as well as a small pot fitting perfectly with a small zone.

Hope that helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: The European Appliance Store

• saeyedoc
    9 years ago

I'm planning on getting a 36" Miele induction cooktop. Bought a Firemagic 60k BTU burner for outside, was less than $1000. Figured I'd rather have all that heat and smoke outdoors anyway. Depends on where you live whether that would work for you.

• homepro01
    9 years ago

Planning to get a 30" miele induction and the 15" miele gas wok burner. I was originally going to get a Bluestar 30" gas rangetop and a miele induction 15" burner. I went to a miele showroom and played with the induction cooktop and fell in love with the ease of use and lack of heat. I am replacing a 10yr old 48" Dacor rangetop.

Good luck!

• housebuilder14
    Original Author
    9 years ago

homepro - will you use the wok burner only for a wok or for other thing as well. I have some rather large pots -- including a huge lobster pot --- that definitely won't fit on the induction range.

thanks!

• homepro01
    9 years ago

Housebuilder,
    I plan to use it for woks and large stock pots. I also will use it for my steamer set up that is based on an aluminum pan. I also have some clay pans for stews that can't be used on Induction. The stock pot I have from All Clad is 12qt and is 11" in diameter roughly.

I have no experience with the Miele wok burner apart from some videos sent to me. It is very hard to find one in a showroom. It is even harder to find one hooked up to gas in a showroom. The burner rings look great and should work for my needs. I am also using the gas burner as a backup when we lose power. My generator will not run the induction cooktop.

• plllog
    9 years ago

I don't know if this helps, but I often put a stock pot on the back burner of my Wolf 15". It's a "medium" sized burner. The pot fits and gets plenty of heat. I'm sure JRO123 is right that you might actually need to watch that you don't overheat your lobster pot. :)

Do check how low the flame will go, but it's probably pretty darned low. If you want to use a small pan on the gas (perhaps because it isn't induction compatible), you can always put a metal mesh grating under it. You could use the expanded metal kind, or just a barbecue pan (kept for the purpose, because it might get icky).