Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking Grill Comments on BS and CC

Posted by racmrc (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 11, 12 at 7:30

I have read lots of good info here on GW related to ranges. I think I have it narrowed down to purchase either a 36 inch BS or CC rangetop with grill. I have seen a few videos and pics on the CC grill but very little on the BS grill. Anyone have any info they can share - the grill is an important part of this purchase. What experience do any of you have with these grills and would you buy it again?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking Grill Comments on BS and CC

I love my CC grill. It is reversible so you can go from a thin grate to a much thicker flat one for delicate items like seafood. The temp control is great and the clean up is a breeze. I highly recommend it. I can't comment regarding the BS, but I have yet to hear someone complain about it...

o

I like what I have seen on the CC and it does seem to have a really nice grill. It is good to hear from someone who has actually used it and hear what they have to say. For BS I found lots of comments on the burners and oven but very little about the grill.

I appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

o

I have a bs with grill and griddle. I have had it for 4 years and would not want to live without it. I use it all year round, even in the summer. In fact I used my outdoor grill for the first time in almost 2 years last week. My only mistake was getting the griddle. I wish I got a double size grill. Did you explore any of the ranges with infrared grills?

o

Agreed on the griddle, I also have a 48" with grill and griddle and I wish I went for the double grill instead. I personally would not want the infrared grill. Wolf uses one but you cannot turn down the heat for veggies etc...

o

I didn't like the Wolf because it appeared to only have a high grill setting for searing and therefore did not have variable temperature capabilities.

I see now that CC offers a 48 inch rangetop with a 24 inch grill. Maybe that is something I will check further also. (The range hood will not be a problem - I already have it installed and its a 48 inch with external 1200cfm and silencer.)

I was originally thinking of a 36" rangetop with a 12" grill but maybe a 48" with a 24" grill may even be better.

Thanks.

o

How do you clean the grills? I'm glad to see lots of people like them and I really want one but I'm concerned about the maintenance.

Thanks!

SeaKoz

o

SeaKoz, see my reply to your post.

o

The maintenance could not be easier. I use a standard grill brush and I make a few swipes cleaning the grill grates while still hot. I then put the cover on the grill. It is less than 30 seconds to clean it....

o

After much more reading and looking in stores, we finally pulled the trigger. We ordered a 48" BS rangetop with 24" grill (charbroiler). It was difficult for us to decide between the BS and CC and we both feel either would have been a good choice. Overall I think the CC looks better and the wife thinks the BS looks better but we both agreed on the variable size burners on the BS. We feel it will match our cooking style better.

Once its all installed and working, I'll post again with some details.

Thanks everyone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here