Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dashmag

Blue Star 22K burner question.

dashmag
10 years ago

Based on past posts I think that there is a possibility to convert Canadian Costco bought BS to 18 K burner. I was wondering can you do the same with RCS and simply add 2 of 22K burners? My local dealer of BS said that this is not an option. Do you guys have any opinion on that?

Comments (5)

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Watch Video and read comments in link.

Here is a link that might be useful: YouTube Linke

• dashmag
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you deeageaux, so I guess I 'll will have to spend extra $ on RNB in order to have 22K burner since none of my friends owns BS. I've called AJ. MAdison to check price on RNB and RCS, but since I live in MA they will not give me that info. What is price difference on those two ranges?

• gtadross_gw
    10 years ago

Not sure what the price difference is, but the RNB is just a better all-around version of the RCS.

In addition to having more high powered burners, you also get a better single-point ignition system instead of the RCS which uses an older ignition system that sometimes leads to multiple burners clicking when trying to light the burner or when on a low simmer.

Also the RNB has convection oven and I the RCS doesn't (although that might have changed with the RCS).

The RNB has better racks in the oven as well. Also has a better door hinge design than the RCS.

I'd ask your sales guy to give you a point by point comparison between the two models. Get it in writing so if there's a discrepancy later on, they'll have to make it right.

• jwvideo
    10 years ago

Price difference: Don't know what it is currently, but back in May, when a friend hauled me along on her stove shopping expedition, the 30" RNB was about $800 more than the 30" RCS. At the time, Blue Star was offering promotional pricing where the the US price of the RCS was $3K and the RNB was about $3800. I think that promotion ended in mid-June. My recollection from older posts is that the SRP on the RCS is around $3400 (plus a back trim piece) and $4500 on the RNB. Posters here have suggested that Craigslist and e-Bay often have them for less.

I see from your member page that you live on the US side of the border. Have you already been through the threads on the additional costs of buying an RCS from CostcoCA (including Canadian taxes and delivery to a Canadian freight receiver/forwarder)?

• dashmag
    Original Author
    10 years ago

gtadross - I really like the idea of heaving side to side comparison in writing , I will definitely push for that.

JWVideo - yes, I went through those posts and I've decided after watching Youtube burner conversion video that I have to stick with RNB. I'm sorry though I've missed that June promotion , does anybody knows how often do they come around?