Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Star 22K burner question.

Posted by dashmag (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 19, 13 at 7:29

Based on past posts I think that there is a possibility to convert Canadian Costco bought BS to 18 K burner. I was wondering can you do the same with RCS and simply add 2 of 22K burners? My local dealer of BS said that this is not an option. Do you guys have any opinion on that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Star 22K burner question.

Watch Video and read comments in link.

Here is a link that might be useful: YouTube Linke

o

Thank you deeageaux, so I guess I 'll will have to spend extra $ on RNB in order to have 22K burner since none of my friends owns BS. I've called AJ. MAdison to check price on RNB and RCS, but since I live in MA they will not give me that info. What is price difference on those two ranges?

o

Not sure what the price difference is, but the RNB is just a better all-around version of the RCS.

In addition to having more high powered burners, you also get a better single-point ignition system instead of the RCS which uses an older ignition system that sometimes leads to multiple burners clicking when trying to light the burner or when on a low simmer.

Also the RNB has convection oven and I the RCS doesn't (although that might have changed with the RCS).

The RNB has better racks in the oven as well. Also has a better door hinge design than the RCS.

I'd ask your sales guy to give you a point by point comparison between the two models. Get it in writing so if there's a discrepancy later on, they'll have to make it right.

o

Price difference: Don't know what it is currently, but back in May, when a friend hauled me along on her stove shopping expedition, the 30" RNB was about $800 more than the 30" RCS. At the time, Blue Star was offering promotional pricing where the the US price of the RCS was $3K and the RNB was about $3800. I think that promotion ended in mid-June. My recollection from older posts is that the SRP on the RCS is around $3400 (plus a back trim piece) and $4500 on the RNB. Posters here have suggested that Craigslist and e-Bay often have them for less.

I see from your member page that you live on the US side of the border. Have you already been through the threads on the additional costs of buying an RCS from CostcoCA (including Canadian taxes and delivery to a Canadian freight receiver/forwarder)?

o

gtadross - I really like the idea of heaving side to side comparison in writing , I will definitely push for that.

JWVideo - yes, I went through those posts and I've decided after watching Youtube burner conversion video that I have to stick with RNB. I'm sorry though I've missed that June promotion , does anybody knows how often do they come around?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here