Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Custom Kitchen Hood Insert

Posted by katie234 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 6:49

I am looking for an insert for my Custom Kitchen Hood. I have two in mind. One is ZEPHYR MONSOON I AK9234AS. The other is VENT-A-HOOD MAGIC LUNG BHPSLD. Does anyone have an opinion on these two products or can someone recommend another product? The hood will be on an outside wall and will be vented straight out. Any input would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Custom Kitchen Hood Insert

I have the Zephyr Monsoon DCBL II model, and have had it about 18 months now. I came from an OTR microwave vent, so this is amazing compared to that. I don't have any other experience with hoods to be honest, but we love this one.

I would seriously consider moving up to the DCBL series just to get the LED lights, they are always cool to the touch.

Phil

o

Good point about the light. Do you find it hard or easy to clean? Also is it very noisy?

o

Easy to clean, just pop the baffles in to the dishwasher and they come out clean. Just have to wipe them down after to get off any water spots as there are a lot of places for water to collect on them. Wiping down the rest of the unit is a breeze as well.

Noise, I don't really have a comparison as I said, first real unit we have ever had. On levels 1-3 it is fine, it is also what we use most. On levels 4-6 it can get a little loud. We only use those for smoky things, like searing a steak in a cast iron pan, or something like that. On 5 and on burst mode (level 6) it is pretty loud, can't stand under it to hold a conversation. But, like I said, we don't use those too often. On 4 it isn't all that bad, but it isn't whisper quiet either.

Have had ours about 18 months now and so far so good, really like our choice with it.

Phil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here