Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Star--french doors?

Posted by nycbluedevil (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 6:35

I saw someone say the other day that BS will offer french doors on the regular (non MS) range. I am getting a 36" range and am interested in the french doors. Does anyone have further information. Can anyone confirm this? When I called BS a few months ago they said that they don't offer the french door on the range and had no plans to do so.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Star--french doors?

Oh no....don't say that. I need French doors for clearance and have been trying to find something to fit my needs. I've even come up with putting an American range FD wall oven under counter. If this is true, it would be very exciting.

o

They offer side swing doors on the most rnb's. I think the 36" would require french doors as a single side swing 36" long would be way too much. So possibly the 36" is the only model where side opening are not offered?

Try to build your own bs on their website. Try different size ranges (ie 48 and 36) and see if it comes up as an option.(It should on the 48)

o

Tyguy--I tried that first and there seemed to be no such option. Perhaps they do it as a special order? Here's hoping, but I am not too optimistic....

o

GW member Dolode just purchased below. It is an expensive option.

bluestar french door range Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Dee: that is a marcus samuelsson (or precious metals), not a "regular" bs.

Nyc: were you able to get side opening doors when you "built" a bs on their website? If so, and you can not get the same for the 36", I would think that it isn't available.

I know my friend has built a 48" on bs's website with side swing doors. They are not french, they are single side swing. I suspect a 36" is too wide for a side swing unless they are double(french), which I am thinking they unfortunately do not offer.

o

Thanks, ty. Yes, I was able to get the swing doors on the 36". My aisle is only 35" so I can't do it. And anyway, I agree that a full swing for that size is really big. I guess the MS is the only one that has the french doors, though.

o

Wow!! That would be the size of a car door! :). Kinda dumb to have a single side swing at that size.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here