Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
48' Thermador Duel Fuel Range with Steamer; Should I Buy It?

Posted by masch (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 2:41

My wife and I are having an excruciating time choosing home appliances starting with a great range. My wife all the time cooks for our 4-person family (which often becomes a 6-person family when the in-laws visit for a couple months at a time) and it seems like a freestanding range with a larger and smaller oven would work great. We ran into the fact that Thermador has a 48" range that even includes a steamer that is supposed to be quite good for healthy cooking.

Does anyone have experience with the 48" Thermador Duel Fuel with Steamer (Model PRD48JDSGU) ?

I wanted to know any pros or cons that anyone had with this freestanding range.

If you didn't have experience with it, is there an alternative that you would suggest we buy?

That range looks fantastic, but it seems like there are a lot of negative posts about Thermador's service record.

Thanks in advance,
masch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 48' Thermador Duel Fuel Range with Steamer; Should I Buy It?

Maybe you could win it! Thermador is running a culinary sweepstakes right now and giving away this model as their grand prize:

http://www.thermador.com/blog/?p=2594&cpage=1#comment-22353

Bonne Chance!

o
RE: 48' Thermador Duel Fuel Range with Steamer; Should I Buy It?

Did you purchase this Thermador range? I am also considering it and would love to know what you decided on and why! Hope you're happy with your choice...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here