Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

now i'm thinking about asko tall tub, 3 tier dw vs. miele

julieste
9 years ago

As some of you know from a prior thread, for the past couple days I've been looking for a new DW to replace a pretty top-of-the-line (at the time of purchase) KA. Originally I was looking at Bosch, KA and Miele. I've pretty much now eliminated Bosch and KA from contention. But, then I became intrigued by some ASKO models.

Today I took the advice of many of you and actually took some dishes & plates with me to the appliance store so I could try them out. Arranging my plates in the Miele didn't seem so great, but it was workable. Then, sitting right next to the Miele was a 3 tier ASKO with a marvelous interior configuration that seems to be much more usable and flexible (the silverware tray is in the middle rather than on the top as in the Miele) and with quite a bit more interior space in comparison to the Miele. I really liked the layout a lot. But, then I looked at the price tag and thought forget it.

While we were looking at Miele's today we actually found a few reduced price closeout models of the older version of the Classic, but for any of the other Miele models above the Classic we'd have to pay MSRP. I'm still contemplating Miele and may end up with one, but I think an ASKO may win out.

We've often bargain shopped for appliances rather than strolling in the store and paying a non-negotiable price (as one has to do for Miele). We are fine with last year's models or very minor scratches, and in the past have often gotten great deals on quality appliances this way.

At our last store of the day we found a floor model tall tub, 3 tier ASKO with the exact interior configuration we want. This has a lot of quite appealing features and is reduced from the MSRP of $2100 to $1400 (and it was manufactured in Sweden). ASKO also has a two year warranty vs. Miele's one year warranty.

Does anyone have an ASKO, and specifically a tall tub ASKO? Thoughts? We want super clean dishes, reliability, affordable repairs if we need them, and quiet. (As far as price comparisons, this is exactly the same price as the Miele Crystal.)

Thanks for any comments.

(For some reason the capitalization feature in the subject line isn't functioning.)

Comments (3)