Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dishwasher door squeaks

Posted by whitelacey (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 0:41

My Kenmore dishwasher's door squeaks horribly when it is opened and closed. It is so loud you can hear it on the second floor. I have tried oiling it but I can't really find the hinges. Will I have to take the front of the door off? Any help?

Thanks,
Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dishwasher door squeaks

Hi Linda, I don't think you have to take the door off but you will have to remove it from under the countertop unless its a freestanding model and you will have to remove the cabinet. Usually the door has a cable and spring attached to a roller. Go to a Lowes, Menards big box store Sears they usually will have a dishwasher that you can view uninstalled and you can see how the door works and find the pivot point or see where something is rubbing. Its not all that complicated when the sides are exposed David

This post was edited by david1217 on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 15:10

o
RE: Dishwasher door squeaks

Thanks David! I'll check it out the time I'm at Sears.

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here