Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help need to decide on appliances

Posted by DebR52 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 23:48

There are so many appliances would like any input to help me decide. I like the GE Advantium speed oven just not sure about the 30 inch monogram electric oven,haven't seen alot of reviews on it.

If you have redone your appliances could you let me know what brands you used and how they are working out.I am also looking at Viking, Wolf, and Capital for a gas cooktop.DH just wants me to decide but I want to make an informed decision.Thank you in advance for any knowledge you can provide.

PS refrig. too

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help need to decide on appliances

Speed Oven. Get the Profile there is no advantage to the Monogram.

Convection Oven. For a little more money but a better value is the Wolf E series. Less expensive than the Wolf L series because it has double glass door instead of triple and simpler controls. If the Monogram is at the top of your budget then I would look at Electrolux. Better and less money.

Gas Cooktop. If looking at only cooktops look at Bluestar. If considering rangetop look at Capital Culinarian as well.

You can google "gardenweb" plus any of the above appliances for lots of discussions.

BTW What size and type of fridge are you looking at?

o

I have the Advantium 240 but it is the monogram to match my wolf e series oven. I posted pictures on another post but when on the computer I can pull a picture.
Elux fridge
Miele DW
I went induction(Wolf)

o

Are wolf ovens the ones that peeled inside? Would like a 42 inch side by side refrig.

o

About 5 years ago all ovens except Bosch and Gaggenau that had blue interiors had some peeling problems.

I have not heard of this problem the last three years or so.

I have not heard of a single problem with current generation Wolf or Electrolux oven.

42" SxS are all American made by Sub Zero, Whirlpool(sold as Jenn Air ,Kitchen Aid, Thermador,Dacor ), GE, Viking and Northland.

I would rank them like this

1) Sub Zero
2) Whirlpool
3) Northland
4) GE
I would not buy Viking

Northland is probably the best at maintaining temperatures despite multiple door openings but loudest and most energy inefficient.

o

I have Electrolux Wave Touch double ovens. Love 'em. I have heard some real horror stories about the GE Monogram ovens, and personally, I wouldn't buy one, nor would I have a Viking. I agree with the others that you should either go up a level and get Wolf, and if not that, Electrolux.

Electrolux french door fridge with water in the door. The icemaker works only sometimes, but the fridge itself works great. LOTS of space.

My cooktop is induction, Miele, and I would trade everything else before I'd give that up. It's all that with a cherry on top. I'll never cook on anything but induction again. Period.

Dishwasher is a Miele, terrific.

Hood is a Vent a Hood, and I like it very much.

Cj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here