Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help- Advantium and what wall oven?

Posted by emjay74 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 12 at 22:45

Hello- I'm a long time lurker and have really gotten a lot out of all the help you guys have given everyone,so thank you. Have a feeling this is one of many questions. I am currently putting on an addition of a kitchen/family room that I've been waiting 11 years for. And even though I've had all that time, I'm just starting to research appliances now. My basement is dug out and the concrete foundation and framing will begin soon. I've basically been procrastinating because I've been dreading it. Have made a few bad appliance decisions in the past, but it never bothered me too much. Before I was always buying something to put in my awful, small, old kitchen. But now I'm buying things to put in "the" kitchen and it's just too overwhelming!

I definitely want a speed oven. There are 6 total in our family, so a lot of quick cooking going on, and I think the speed oven combined with a wall oven will be a perfect fit for us. I've decided not to have a separate microwave.

I am leaning towards the 220 Advantium, but I see on the GE website that the current model has the weird black window that is oval-like. And I'm worried about how it would look with a non-GE wall oven with a different window on it. I can't figure out how to attach a pic or I would.

Anyone have the current Advantium 220 paired with another wall oven? I'm considering a Electrolux or a Miele. Would consider other brands, but probably not GE.

I don't really like to bake other than cookies- and even those I'm not great at- just don't have the patience for baking, although I've always said if I had the right oven, maybe I would like to bake.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help- Advantium and what wall oven?

Hi,

The Monogram version of the Advantium doesn't have the weird oval window. Only the normal GE version does. (Unless they've changed it very recently. I still see the non-oval one on the Monogram web site.)

I'm in the same boat. I want a speed oven -- probably the Monogram Advantium but maybe a Miele. If I get the Advantium I need a non-GE wall oven to pair it with, because most of GE's appliances are crap in my opinion. I asked the very same question as you a few days ago, and a2gemini posted some nice photos of her Advantium paired with a Wolf E-series oven. The match isn't perfect, but they look good together. Search for a recent thread I started that had "Advantium" and "Wolf" in the title.

Laura

o
RE: Help- Advantium and what wall oven?

Was going to say the same thing. Two more conventional-looking Advantium 240 wall ovens from the GE Monogram line:

Electrolux Icon oven probably my favorite, or the (overpriced but nice) Gaggenau 30"w oven with the side-hinged door.

The Profile-series Advantium 240 wall ovens look more conventional in the black or white versions than the stainless, if you need something at a lower price point. You lose the illuminated control panel on those.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here