Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Capital/BlueStar/Wolf

Posted by jross94 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 22:39

Hello all - i am a new user and I am redoing my kitchen. I have read lots of threads on here that have steered me away from viking and thermador, and now i am down to a few choices for a gas rangetop and a double oven (i know, lots say stay away from a double oven, but im rolling the dice anyway).

thoughts on deciding between the capital culinarian 36 inch rangetop vs the bluestar rangetop series 36 inch? I was leaning to capital, although im not sure i can go wrong with one of these two, but would appreciate any thoughts.

as for the double oven, i am down to the capital maestro 30" Double Wall Oven with Moist Assist or perhaps one of the Wolf double ovens (E or L series). again, leaning to the capital, but would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Capital/BlueStar/Wolf

There is so much written on these. I would write down how you perceive the strengths and weaknesses from threads written and see how they fit with the way you cook. Maybe try to actually cook on the burners somewhere to compare. You mention "moist assist". Are you confusing this feature with "steam assist" in the KA oven? This feature in KA is programmed to put steam in the oven during the first part of bread baking to improve the way the bread raises and crust forms. "Moist roast" is a drawer to which you add water to possibly raise the humidity in the oven. Adding moisture to your oven for roasting in the KA or Maestro will not make your roast more moist. It is the the temperature to which you cook your meat that will determine how much moisture is retained in the meat.
Another helpful thing would be to read user manuals once or twice on any appliances you are considering.

o

I have ordered a 36" bluestar rangetop for my new house. I liked the look better than the Capital, and there were some complaints about simmering at the time. I started a thread comparing the two back then.

If I could have afforded it, I would have gone with the Wolf L ovens, but instead I got the Electrolux. I don't think there are a lot of reviews on the Maestro ovens.

Here is a link that might be useful: BS vs. capital rangetop

o

Hi!

We've bought a 36" BlueStar by Marcus six-burner range. When we turned the oven on, there was a strong smell of unburned gas since day one. The factory dithered on the repair, things got worse and one day, while I was cooking the range caught fire. There was another set of flames under the rear burner and I had to blast it with a fire extinguisher to kill the flames.
This is a long story which I've described under BlueStar Blues post, which since got pulled for "being disruptive". Somebody didn't like my criticism of the treatment we've received from BlueStar.

Anyway, we've replaced BlueStar (Godzilla) with a Culinarian by Capital, also a 36" six-burner unit. No problems with it. The flame control is better, all the burners, not just one can be turned down to a low simmer. The cleanup is easier because the spilltrays under the burners catch everything. Under the burners, the arrangement of the parts is better as well. On BlueStar, the ignitors will start failing if any liquid gets inside the ceramic tube. On Culinarian they're protected, because they're hidden inside of a metal shroud with a cap, so they should last much longer. And the burners on the Cully have a higher output than on BlueStar. And the oven even has a rotisserie!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here