Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sreedesq

Electrolux owners, have the problems been resolved?

sreedesq
10 years ago

Hi,
I am remodeling and considering two Electrolux items.

1. The 27 inch double ovens with wave touch electric/convection. Model EW27EW65G

2. Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator with IQ Touch Controls. Model EI23BC65K

Upon reading reviews from about two years ago, I see there were problems with the self-clean, convection, electronics panel on the ovens and the ice maker and temperature setting on the fridge. I would like to hear from those who purchased comparable Electrolux models within the past year or so if these issues have been resolved and if they are happy with their purchase.

I am open to suggestions. I am limited to a 27 inch oven and a counter depth fridge that's case is not higher than 69.5. I can afford Electrolux, but not a pricier brand like Wolf.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments (3)

• jadeite
    10 years ago

We have a single 27" Elux wave-touch, non-Icon, electric wall oven. We've used it a lot in the year since it was installed. We do NOT use the self-clean, in part because of the many warnings that it could cause failure.

We had this message reinforced by a service technician who came to check on it. We thought it wasn't heating as evenly as it should. He told us we needed to pre-heat for longer than I was allowing. But he said that the self-clean cycle was too hot for the electronic panels behind the oven which aren't adequately vented. So we risked having these fail if we used the clean cycle.

Some people say they have used self-clean without a problem. I want this oven to last a long time, so we clean it manually with elbow grease and Barkeeper's Friend.

BTW the technician told us that the oven needs to pre-heat longer than it seems. You hear the beep that it has reached the set temperature, but the oven will cycle on and off for several minutes until the temperature stabilizes. For our oven, that means pre-heating for about 20 minutes. At that point anything that you bake or roast will cook evenly.

We accept these limitations, but you may not. Other than this, the oven is just perfect. I couldn't be happier.

Cheryl

• sreedesq
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much Cheryl :) I am bad about sticking stuff in my oven now before it fully preheats, so I guess I will have to get better about that. May I ask who you purchased your oven from? A small dealer, big box, or online? I live in a small town, so I don't have many options for service.

Stacey

• jadeite
    10 years ago

Stacey,

We bought ours from Sears online outlet. See link below (some Elux ovens listed BTW). We got it with an extended warranty from Sears. We paid roughly half list price, with full warranty for a new unit. It was supposedly a floor model but had never been installed or turned on. We checked it carefully on arrival and found no damage of any kind.

We found that single Elux ovens on the outlet disappear off the site very quickly. We were checking for a couple of months before two ovens showed up. We bought one immediately. A couple of hours later, both ovens were taken off the website. I don't know if this happens with the double ovens.

We had seen the oven at a local Sears, so we knew what to expect. When we wanted service, I think DH called the number on our extended warranty. I don't know who the service tech was or where he came from. He seemed competent and checked out the oven carefully.

As I said, we're very happy with the oven (keeping fingers crossed). The extended warranty gave us peace of mind.

Good luck,
    Cheryl

Here is a link that might be useful: sears outlet - ovens