Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stacylh_gw

Help deciding on refrigerator.....

stacylh
10 years ago

Sadly, our 2yo Maytag french door fridge began to leak water and has possibly ruined a portion of our brand new hardwood floors (installed in recent remodel). Although, we knew what the problem was, it had done this before and DH was done! It went out the door via craigslist today (with all disclosures about past problems made).

Now, we are trying to decide on which direction to go. I love the style of the french door and going back to side by side really scares me but DH is very skeptical about them since we've had such bad luck with the one and only one we've ever owned and google is full of "leaking" issues with that type.

I would love to hear what brand, model, and style that you have and what issues that have arisen, if any. Of course, I would love one of the pricier built-in models but budget doesn't allow (since we just finished the remodel and a new fridge WASN'T in the budget!!) Looking to spend $1-2K.

(Other kitchen appliances are a KA rangetop and warming drawer, Elux Icon DO, and a Frigidaire professional DW). The fridge will reside next to the ovens so I'd like similar styling, but the Elux Icon fridge is too pricey and doesn't have great reviews.