Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thermador and Bosch

Posted by MichelleDT (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 21:54

Looking at dishwashers today and the sales rep told me that the Bosch and Thermador are exactly the same other than branding. I was looking at the Bosch 800 Plus series. She also told me that Asko is a step above both of these and one step below Miele.

Is this true?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thermador and Bosch

BSH Home Appliances Corporation

"BSH Home Appliances Corporation (BSH), headquartered in Irvine, California, is a wholly owned subsidiary of BSH Bosch and Siemens Home Appliances Group based in Munich, Germany.

BSH is the world's third largest leading manufacturer of high-end appliances and sells under the Bosch, Thermador and Gaggenau brands in the U.S.

The Irvine headquarters includes; Executive Offices, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Logistics, IT, HR and Customer Support.

BSH Home Appliances has a strong commitment to the environment. Most appliances are made from recyclable materials and are locally manufactured in either New Bern, NC or La Follette, TN."

Here is a link that might be useful: Link:

o
RE: Thermador and Bosch

Yes, my understanding is that the top of the line Thermador is the same as the Bosch 800 plus.

I wouldn't personally agree with the order of the salesperson's rankings...it depends on what you prioritize, but I would say Asko and Bosch are pretty neck and neck, with Bosch/Thermador maybe actually having a slight lead. Askos are sturdy, but they have some rough edges and they aren't quite as quiet as the highest end Bosch's. Top of the line Miele is probably better than top of the line Bosch, but not by a huge margin.

The exception to all of that is the lower end Bosch units, which are not great. At the low end, ranking Bosch below Asko and Asko below Miele is probably fair.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here