Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
island trim or 5' trim?

Posted by sue2012 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 21:53

I purchased a Wolf 36" all gas range.
What is your suggestion when it comes to the trim? island trim or 5" trim.
The 5" seams to vent out more toward the burners and the hood.
Also, do you like the look of the 5" trim?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: island trim or 5' trim?

I have a lacanche and it came with the 5" trim. I am ordering the island trim because I don't want the interruption in my backsplash. However, I think the 5" trim looks great with a professional looking kitchen.
My friend has the island trim and wishes she didn't because the steam/heat kind of messes up her tile on the backsplash and she felt that the heat blowing out toward the burners wouldn't allow this to happen.

o

One consideration is whether the island trim would allow larger skillets to center properly on the back burners. If Wolf's island trim is still a couple inches higher than the grate height then it won't make any difference. (From this perspective.) But if it's lower, it might. Can you test this out in person? Personally I like the look of island trim much better, but I can't speak to how significant a difference the venting orientation makes.

o

I have a wolf 30" all gas with the island trim because I too didn't want it to interrupt my backsplash (glass mosaic tiles). The tiles do sometimes get wet when the oven is on. This probably wouldn't happen with the 5" high trim as the vents face forward rather than being angled up on the island trim. I remember reading on a thread here on GW a few years ago that there was concern about the backsplash/grout getting discolored. I haven't noticed that in the four years since I finished my kitchen. Just thought I would mention this. I think either looks nice. The island trim is just a little taller than the burner grate. Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here