Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how do you use your fridge drawers?

Posted by deniselie (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 21:50

I think I'm going to end up with the 4 door KitchenAid Fridge...I'm wondering if the deli drawer (above the freezer drawer) is being used for lettuces, broccoli, cauliflowers etc., or how have YOU organized your fridges? Is that drawer even deep enough to hold a head of lettuce before cutting it up? Do you use it for eggs, deli,fruits, leftovers only? Waste of space? Would inside drawers have been better use of space? Can you help me decide for sure if this is 'the one' I should buy ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how do you use your fridge drawers?

here is a pic of my Samsung french door fridge

o

full shot

o

If you click on the link below - and click on the drawer - there's a video showing how the drawer can be used. Doesn't look like it's big enough to hold a head of lettuce. But the proof is in the pudding. Take a head of lettuce to the store and see if it fits. Robyn

P.S. to luv2putt - where's the food in your refrigerator :)?

Here is a link that might be useful: Refrigerator Drawer

o

I don't think it would be for an average size head of lettuce. We have been looking at these fridges. Most suggest putting deli meats, cheeses, can drinks (some have temp settings for what you put in them), snack foods like puddings, etc in for kids.

I found that some models with the two veggie/fruit compartments up top are not even deep enough for a head of lettuce. I realize that I mostly use bag lettuces now but if you have a cantalope or large veggie like spaghetti squash it wouldn't fit. That automatically eliminated several for me. If you have that 4th drawer, you then have less space either in the fridge or the freezer. On the ones we looked at, it was taken from the top section of the freezer. That rack or pull out shelf wasn't as deep. Stand back and look at where the fridge part stops and freezer starts on both types, you'll see the difference.

I will always put my milk on the shelfs inside the fridge, not on the door. I want it as cold as possible, although I know its meant to hold it in the door.

o

shortyrobyn--- food in the bins ... i dont store a lot of food ...buy fresh daily for what i need ...plight of a bachelor ...

o

Love2putt - you may now send me some of the chard in ur fridge. U have too many!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here