Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thoughts on Viking D3 range and refrigerator?

Posted by lomoeye (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 21:29

Can't find any reviews on Viking's D3 line. Please share your thoughts...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thoughts on Viking D3 range and refrigerator?

Go out to Google, Bing, Ask, whatever and type in "gardenweb + viking D3" as a search string.

This post was edited by JWVideo on Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 11:41

o

The fridge is made my kitchen aid with viking panels so pretty nice

o

cooper

Whirlpool makes the fridge chassis for both its KitchenAid and Jenn Air brands, as well as Viking. I had read that Viking supplied its own door handles but had not heard that Viking was also supplying its own side panels. AFAIK, the KitchenAid and JennAir have gray-painted "monochormatic side panels. Do you know if the D3 fridge has stainless side panels? AFAIK, all three brands give a ten-year warranty on the sealed system components (compressors and etc.) but Viking does give a 3 year warranty on everything else while WP/KA/JA only give a 1 year warranty on those things. So, it seems to me that in comparing JA, KA and Viking, you could figure in the costs of extended warranties when figuring out which is the better deal.

lomoeye :
IIRC. there was a thread on Chowhound about the D3 dual fuel ranges and some blogs at Yale Appliances as well.

I'm not recalling anything about VIking D3 or "Pro" dishwashers. The Vikings used to be made by Asko, but don't know who makes them now.

Be aware that VIking was purchased about 6 months ago by Middleby Group. There has been a bunch of reorganization and departures from the Viking organizatiion, so caution is advised in buying Viking products until more dust settles.

For range hoods, I'd be inclined to look at Kobe hoods.

For microwaves, the Viking MWs are probably made by Sharp. My reaction is why spend two or three times the price of a MW that comes in another brand for a much lower price?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here