Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zephyr Breeze II owners

Posted by Joe628 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 20:51

If anyone has a zephyr breeze II can you please tell me how many inches it is from your cooktop. I'm planning to have mine about 30 inches from my GE slide in induction and was wondering if that's too high. Zephyr states that 24-32 is acceptable, I'm around 6 ft tall, figured 30" would be perfect.... just wondering if it will vent addaquately from that height. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zephyr Breeze II owners

Joe,

I love my Zephyr Breeze II for the looks, the great light, and the great ventilation despite it being recirculating for my set up due to being in a townhouse. My prior cheap GE range hood that came with the place always had my smoke detectors going off as they did not work well. I never once had my smoke detectors go off using my new Zephyr Breeze II range hood over my GE Caf� Gas Range since I bought both in December 2009. I have mine 28.5" from the range. I love that I can reach the light and fan buttons under the range hood as am not quite 5 feet tall and most of the other range hoods had the buttons on the top. The halogen lights it came with, I LOVE. It is also so much quieter than my previous range hood. Also is it effective for taking out odors.

o

Lynn, thanks for your quick reply. We just ordered our cabinets, so depending on the size of the one above the range I would have had about 27.5" or 30.5". I'm glad to hear yours is effective at 28.5" (we will be venting), I guess I should be ok with having it a couple of inches higher.

o

I own a Zephyr Breeze II also. I've had no mechanical issues and it's performed well. I love that I can empty the filters by putting them in the dishwasher and that it powers down automatically after the air has been cleared.

o

Thanks Cary, anyway you could tell me the distance between the bottom of the hood and your cooktop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here