Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No hot water

Posted by texanniew (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 20:35

My brand new installed Pfister kitchen faucet doesn't have hot water. My plumber left saying 'seems like it takes a while for your water to warm up' but it never did. Anyone have this problem? Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No hot water

Did you check your hot water faucet leading from the hot water heater? Often they will forget to turn them back on. Mine did.

o

Your plumber's a dope.....and he knows it. With the application of a little integrity and an extra couple of minutes from him, you wouldn't have had to post. I would refuse to pay him until he comes back and finishes the damned job. This is just silly.

o

Is the cold side hot? If so, something is backwards. Could a valve somewhere be closed? Have you checked other faucets for hot water? Not sure what other questions to ask.

Bill

o

Hot water works everywhere else in the house. The cold side is definitely colder but the hot side doesn't even get to luke warm.
Our plumber is a friend who freelances...his real job is head of plumbing at a major hospital and does this for pocket money. he is coming back but I was just curious if there was an easy fix I could do.

o

Your plumber-friend will be able to diagnose and fix this. Understand it's confusing for you but it will not be for someone with knowledge and experience -- which he should have, if he's the professional you described. For whatever reason, he simply didn't spend enough time in the beginning to verify the function of what he'd done. There are only a few things it can be. I have little doubt he'll check them off and have you right this time.

o

What model faucet and does it have an anti-scald feature?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here