Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kenmore Elite vs Bosch Dishwashers

Posted by nerdyshopper (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 20:23

I have read that the Sears Kenmore Elite is made by Bosch. The cost of them is close to the new 800 plus Bosch line too. What is different is that they lack a third shelf and they have a weird sprayarm/jet combination that looks nothing like the Bosches that I have seen. Anyone know how they compare in performance?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kenmore Elite vs Bosch Dishwashers

"Kenmore by Bosch" dishwashers were sold years ago. Whirlpool makes the Kenmore dishwashers now.

Alex

o

Hi Alex, Actually Bosch is making some of the high end Kenmore Elites again. All the internal systems are the same as the Bosch but Sears does have a different spray arm and options.

o

FWIW

Bosch is also making an integrated model for Jenn-Air. A picture of this model can be viewed at Whirlpool Digital Library.

o

I saw a complaint that Whirlpool had modified the Kitchenaid dishwashers that they now make to have rotating arms just like Whirlpool washers. Those appear to be the same arms as Sears shows for the Kenmore Elite machine I found there for $1300 dollars. So I think that model was a Whirlpool design. It also had a row of spray heads on the back wall that they gave some fancy name to. Those too may have come from Whirlpool's standard design, but I am not sure.

o

The models that start with 022 are Whrilpool built and the models that start with 630 are Bosch built.

o

And where would I find such a 630 model? I have looked on sears.com and kenmore.com and found nothing - just Whirlpool units.

... few seconds later...

Okay, I went to searspartsdirect.com and there are 630 models. Tons of them, actually! They do look like Bosch models, though - baskets, spray arms and such. Just the control panel is different.

Here is a link that might be useful: User manual

o

When looking at the dishwashers on the sales floor you can easily identify the Bosch made and the Whirlpool made by the placement of the detergent dispenser. The current Bosch built have the dispenser near the top center of the door and the Whirlpool has the dispenser to the left side mid door.

o

Just redid our kitchen and got the Kenmore Elite 12833 DW. We love it. It is amazingly quiet. Dishes are perfectly clean. We didn't want the 3rd rack for utensils (seemed like a pain in the ass to load), so the Kenmore fit the bill.

We've only had the dishwasher for about a month, so we can't comment on long term reliability. We bought a 5 yr extended service warranty because it was a fairly expensive DW.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here