Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this floor model defect OK

Posted by LoPay (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 30, 13 at 20:14

I got a great deal on a double wall oven because it was a floor model. When I bought it, it was installed in a display so I could only see the front and insides.

When it was delivered, I noticed that the outer frame on one back corner was dented. I called the store right away to report the damage, and will email them with pics tomorrow. Is this type of thing just cosmetic? The other corner is not buckled like the pic.

The store policy is 30 day return. Is it fair for me to ask for a return accommodation beyond that just to make sure everything is OK? Since it is a 220 volt, it isn't like I can plug it in and test it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this floor model defect OK

I think it is fair to ask for anything you feel you need, as there is always the chance that they will be accomodating. It they do agree to a longer return period, ask them to send you an email to verify.

o

It looks trivial to me from here.

o

I agree, trivial, assuming that there's nothing important near the dent (electronics or whatever) that got damaged by the same impact that caused the dent. We just got an 18" Bosch dishwasher for $300 off due to a side dent like that--totally trivial; it's invisible once installed and I'd gladly save $300 for an invisible defect like that (or like yours), any day!

o

I agree that it's likely cosmetic. I purchased a Bosch Axxxis washer that was cosmetically damaged for about 50% off. You can always try to negotiate a credit or extended warranty in exchange for the dent. I received both, since the cosmetic damage was on the front of the machine (there was a scratch on the front plastic).

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here