Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dljmth

Miele speed oven older H4042BM under counter?

dljmth
11 years ago

Reading all the posts about the speed oven has convinced me to get it as a second oven to a Wolf AG range. Thanks for all the helpful posts!

There is a local appliance store that has a floor model of H4042BMSS available at a great price. It is the lower end Chefs Series (which I think will suit our needs just fine). However, I was wondering does anyone have it installed under counter? I saw this where it says the difference between the older model and the newer model is the ability to install under counter. Seems rather strange that you couldn't install the H4042BMSS under the counter. The appliance rep says you can, but I'd like to hear from anyone here to verify that they have installed it under the counter.

http://www.ajmadison.com/product/compare/?skus[]=H4042BMSS&skus[]=H4044BM

Thanks!!

Comments (7)

• chac_mool
    11 years ago

I don't understand why there should be a difference between models. Can you say exactly what you heard/read about this?

The Chef Series lacks the Master Chef's detailed programmed menus. In an under the counter installation, reading through those menus (also looking into the oven cavity) would require squatting down, so perhaps the menus' absence makes the Chef series more suitable for a lower installation.

• attofarad
    11 years ago

Since you provided the AJ Madison link, I don't know why you didn't bother to look there in the installation manual.

"Installation options
    The appliance is designed for
    installation under a countertop, in a tall
    cabinet or in a tall cabinet in
    combination with an oven."

What's a "great price"? Has it been used as a demo, or just display? I'm still considering one of these, but have pretty much resigned myself to just a microwave.

Gary

• 2LittleFishies
    11 years ago

I got the 4080 Master Chef for $1000 last month. Never used (just a display) with all pieces.
    good luck!

• dljmth
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oops, sorry I should have looked at that installation manual. Thanks everyone!

2LittleFishies - yes, I saw your post. This is an older model and the Chef Series. There are two local appliance stores that have them available as they are changing displays. Both are offering them at about a $1600 price, but I think I have plenty of room to negotiate. Not sure if I'm as shrewd a negotiator as you! You got an amazing deal for the Masterchef model. I'm also trying to verify warranty.

• mojavean
    11 years ago

2littlefish's 4080 is one generation behind the 4042 and the 4082, so it had been sitting around the display floor even longer than the machine you are contemplating, laurat88, just for reference. I would not select either machine unless it comes with full manufacturer's warranty, but I don't suspect you will have too much trouble on that front so long as you are buying from an authorized dealer.

• dljmth
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the model reference mojavean. It gives me an idea of what to negotiate. Both places are authorized dealers and I wil definitely inquire about warranty.

• 2LittleFishies
    11 years ago

Also, inside the oven there will be a date-- I forget what it's called-- manufacture date?... but that may help too : ) I think mine was 2005.