Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stove/Range Recommendations

Posted by OyiwaaNoela (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 1, 14 at 20:01

Hello,

We are considering a new stove/range, and torn between the following 3 models. We plan to spend about a $1,000.

Wife is really interested in the warming drawer found in the Kenmore and the Samsung. i am more interested in the reliability. I would be very grateful for comments and suggestions regarding the following 3 models, and if there are alternatives we can consider in our price range.

(1) Kenmore Elite 5.6 cu ft Model # 75233 = $1099 (http://www.sears.com/kenmore-elite-30inch-gas-range-w-true/p-02275233000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1)

(2) Samsung FX710BGS = $1040 (http://www.samsung.com/us/appliances/oven-ranges/FX710BGS/XAA)

(3) LG Model: LRG3095ST = $1079 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-30-self-cleaning-freestanding-gas-convection-range-stainless-steel/9811018.p?id=1218177559023&skuId=9811018&st=LG Model: LRG3095ST&cp=1&lp=1)

Thanks very much, Oy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stove/Range Recommendations

Hard to say for reliability... though my gut instinct is that the Kenmore (which is made by Electrolux) would be more reliable than the Korean brands.

A better question to ask, though, is what getting service and parts will be like when it does break eventually (because all brands do). And that's why if you're concerned about reliability I'd cross all 3 of those brands off your list. LG and Samsung have proven harder to get support for than the domestic brands. And Kenmore, well... they don't actually make anything. Sears just buys appliances from the major manufacturers with no warranty, slaps the Kenmore sticker on them, and then you're locked into them for warranty service. Out of warranty, getting service from 3rd parties for Kenmore can be more difficult because they don't make tech info available to anyone but their own technicians and there is no way to cross reference Kenmore models to those of the original manufacturer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here