Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacing gas range with electric

Posted by fedupey1 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 19:49

We are moving to a new, all-electric house so I will have to (grudgingly) replace my trusty, 18-year old DCS gas range. It is very basic - electric igniters is about as technologically advanced as it gets - but we are well used to its many idiosyncrasies and it has served us well over the years. I dread switching to electric, but there really is no good alternative.

I am hoping you can share your experiences with high-end electric ranges, or cooktop and ovens? It seems that mostly Viking does pro-look standalone electric ranges. I bake a lot, so in a way the oven matters more than the cooktop. What are the main points to consider? What are some pitfalls to avoid? What are your thoughts on induction cooktops? Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacing gas range with electric

Definitely look at induction. It has many of the advantages of gas - instant response, variable settings, etc without a flame. It is much easier to clean than standard electric even though the surface is the same due to surface not getting as hot.
I am not sure best ranges as I have a cooktop and wall ovens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here