Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with ID

Posted by locotest (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 19:46

Can anyone help with ID of the model number of this electric range, the top oven on the glass says custom crafted Hotpoint Hallmark and it has a cooktop with a top and bottom oven. The only ID tag I could find was on the left frame of the top oven which has a catalog number and a serial number but no model number. Most online parts sites want a model number to get parts so I'm stuck, HELP!
P.S. the ID tag catalog number is 107RHW 556J

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with ID

You probably will not find anything in regular commercial or retail channels directly linked to a 50 year old low volume pricy range. Best plan would be to find modern parts that are close to what you need in form, function, and wattage and try to work backwards to the oldest parts they replace that you can find. People on the internet who rebuild old ranges might be able to help.

o

I googled Hotpoint Hallmark and found several avenues you could pursue. First, the link below is to a company that repairs antique ranges. It's probably worth your while to find out what they could do for you. It might end up being easier and less expensive than doing it on your own. Second, on Ebay there are people who specialize in appliance manuals and cookbooks from that era. Perhaps you could contact them to see if they have anything that matches your range. Third, there are a number of HH ranges for resale on various sites on the web. You should check those to see of if any match yours.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique range repairs

o

Check out this range, it appears very similar to yours.

Here is a link that might be useful: Your range?

o

I think I found it! The picture in this Hotpoint ad matches yours and it gives the model number.

Here is a link that might be useful: HOTPOINT-HALLMARK-RHV-786-ELECTRIC-RANGE

o

Did you look for a tag around the frame of the lower storage drawer?

What part(s) are you needing? Hotpoint pretty much = GE.

o

I can't help--but wanted to say--that is vintage cool!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here