Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Range hood liner pkg for a hood that looks like this...

Posted by Ott2 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 19:19

I missed a little detail. I researched/learned enough to be confused about range hoods/liners/etc. The little detail I missed was the shape of the actual liner. We are trying to achieve a hood that looks like the one in the picture. We want to get as low of a profile as possible, while keeping the ventilation as effective as possible. We are planning a 42" hood length over a 36" range top.
Our appliance guy quoted the Zephyr Monsoon II one-piece liner (AK9340AS) with up to 1200cfm. It is shaped "wrong" for the look we are trying to achieve. We have a great guy who will build the hood surround.
Does anyone know of a liner that will help us get the look we want, or is there a better way to do this?
Thanks! Ott2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Range hood liner pkg for a hood that looks like this...

Liners are for wood hood surrounds. You just want the chimney hood, period. Now, you do have a choice from many lines as to if you want the actual blower located within the hood itself, or on the roof.

o
RE: Range hood liner pkg for a hood that looks like this...

Hi hollysprings,
Thanks for replying. The hood surround will be wood, but chimney style. There will be some metal detailing, but the surround is rift sawn white oak. I hope this will look as good as the architect & designer & husband seem to think. They have a plan. :-) I have a back-up plan just-in-case, but am willing to try theirs first. So far, I've loved everything they have put their heads together on, so I'm willing to give this a go, even if I don't quite "get it" yet.
But, in the meantime, I need to figure out the insides...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here