Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rima_wa

Update on Older Miele DW

rima_wa
9 years ago

Hi - I know that lots of people have gotten Miele DWs on this site. Many do not come back to report on longevity, etc. as I wish they would.

I have a 12 year old Novotronic (bought April 2002). It has worked flawlessly until the past 6 months or so. Many of the plastic parts had deteriorated to the point where they were crumbling apart. The actual racks and interior cavity have all been fine however. We have used Cascade powder detergent, the less fancy version, almost exclusively.

Some parts we had to replace included top rack shelf raisers, gasket for rinse aid, bottom cone filter, funnel for the bottom spray bar.

We worked with our local distributor to buy all the parts and replaced them easily. Things just snapped into place. We spent about $100 on parts & shipping. We were very happy to have it be so painless and the interior of the DW looks like new.

This past week, we were getting a stalled machine with the intake/drain light on. We found that the non return valve was crumbling and loose, and we ordered that at about $35, as well as some little tool for unjamming the circulation pump in case we need that. The non return valve arrived in a day, and we put it in. It fit much tighter than the one we removed, and now the DW is running just fine.

We're very happy with our local Miele service and with the product overall. With this easy, relatively inexpensive maintenance at the 12 year mark we're hoping we'll get that 20 years out of this DW that everyone talks about.

This post was edited by rima_wa on Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 17:09

Comments (3)